Charliek85's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Alternative indie rock. But I'll listen to jazz, blues and more. I'm allergic to R'n'B and dance music.
- Favourite movie
- Closer, Romeo and Juliet, Pretty Woman, Memento
- Favourite quote
- "A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Interests and hobbies
- Art, photography, music, food.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Everything. Twice.
- Favourite book
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- My friends describe me as
- Bubbly and energetic. A little eccentric too.
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Coming out to the UAE from England with no more than some loose change in my purse and a battered pink suitcase. Two and a half years later I'm ready for the next chapter of my life but I shan't be forgetting any of the experience - or the people.
With that in mind, I'm leaving my journalism job in the UAE behind and intending to travel around Africa, China, Australia, and South America with a few more locations possibly thrown in along the way. I'm an amateur photographer and will be documenting my travels not only here, but at www.charliepics.com.
Recent Entries by Charliek85
The final chapter - Apr 7, 2012
Well this is it. This is the last entry in my travel blog, the last little snippet on my nomadic way of life. For now, anyway. In two days time I fly to Dubai for three nights of catching up...
Putting a dampener on plans - Mar 31, 2012
So today, having shared far too much of my excitement on the likes of Twitter and Facebook, smugly rubbing in my next travel destination, I packed up eagerly and headed for the airport: Fiji awaite...
Wandering around Wellington - Mar 29, 2012
So I'm back on the North Island, and back in Wellington where I had a brief stopover when originally en route for the start of my time in Picton. I’ve only had two nights in the city,...