Cecilia74's Traveler Profile
- Text editor / writer
- Favourite music
- Fleetwood Mac, Stromae, Zaz, Sleater-Kinney, Antony & The Johnsons, Blondie
- Favourite movie
- Secrets & Lies, Magnolia, Bin-Jip (Five Wood), Festen, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Moonrise Kingdom
- Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, a few words of Swahili :-)
- Favourite quote
- "The more I see the more I want to see; and the more I know I don't know. It is wonderful." - Beren Patterson, tribalcog.com
- Interests and hobbies
- Volleyball (indoor and outdoor), cycling, reading, languages, cultures, movies, documentaries
- One thing I want to do before I die
- I don't wait for death to peek around the corner before doing things I want. Am already enjoying my life, friends, traveling, work.
- Favourite book
- Can't pick just one! Fave authors: Haruki Murakami, Alice Walker, Wilbur Smith, Joris Luijendijk, Nick Hornby, Annie MG Schmidt
- My friends describe me as
- Introverted, fun, trustworthy
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Seeing a baby whale being born in an Australian ocean, by chance and in the wild.
Recent Entries by Cecilia74
Quedlinburg: medieval hansa town - Oct 5, 2014
Arrived in Quedlinburg in the early evening. The city center is a maze of one-way streets combined with construction works blocking off routes I needed, but the apartment owner had already offered ...
Catching rats in Hameln - Oct 5, 2014
On the Sunday I moved bases: from the hotel in Bad Pyrmont, to an apartment for a full week in Quedlinburg, 2 hours drive. On the way over I stopped in medieval hansa town Hameln for a couple o...
Bad Pyrmont: pretty town, old folk and a spa - Oct 3, 2014
So funny, on the drive over I came very close to the town where my surname comes from, in the Detmold / Bielefeld region. But I didn't visit that particular village again, it had been quite a long ...