Cecilia74's Traveler Profile
- Text editor / writer
- Favourite music
- Fleetwood Mac, Stromae, Zaz, Sleater-Kinney, Antony & The Johnsons, Blondie
- Favourite movie
- Secrets & Lies, Magnolia, Bin-Jip (Five Wood), Festen, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Moonrise Kingdom
- Dutch, English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, a few words of Swahili :-)
- Favourite quote
- "The more I see the more I want to see; and the more I know I don't know. It is wonderful." - Beren Patterson, tribalcog.com
- Interests and hobbies
- Volleyball (indoor and outdoor), cycling, reading, languages, cultures, movies, documentaries
- One thing I want to do before I die
- I don't wait for death to peek around the corner before doing things I want. Am already enjoying my life, friends, traveling, work.
- Favourite book
- Can't pick just one! Fave authors: Haruki Murakami, Alice Walker, Wilbur Smith, Joris Luijendijk, Nick Hornby, Annie MG Schmidt
- My friends describe me as
- Introverted, fun, trustworthy
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Seeing a baby whale being born in an Australian ocean, by chance and in the wild.
Recent Entries by Cecilia74
Quedlinburg at leisure - Oct 9, 2014
Rain was predicted. I walked around all the little hidden streets of Quedlinburg, climbed a watchtower, had coffee at a cute cafe. Walked around some more at random and through parts I ha...
Stopover in Zutphen - Oct 3, 2014
Spent an hour and a half in medieval town Zutphen en route, to stretch my legs and have lunch.
Tat Lo waterfall - Nov 1, 2009
- EDIT in 2015 - In hindsight I would not ride an elephant with knowledge I have today, nor recommend others doing that. At the time I did not know how uncomfortable and unnatural it is for the el...