Brendakwilson's Traveler Profile
- English, a bit of Spanish
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, reading, photography, history, philosophy, politics, international development
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Drink wine in a piazza in Italy!
- Favourite book
- Guns, Germs, and Steel - Jared Diamond
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- My experience living/studying/traveling in India was one of the most amazing moments in my life. It was a transformative experience both intellectually and spiritually.
Recent Entries by Brendakwilson
Ephesus, Mary's House, & Grotto - Jun 29, 2012
We are back home now, but here is the last blog entry from our last fun day in Turkey (aka not our last day in Turkey, which was yesterday when we spend ALL day in traveling!): After breakfast, ...
A long drive & a visit to St. John's grave - Jun 28, 2012
Today we drove our longest leg of our trip - Fethiye to Kusadasi (4 hrs). We made a lunch stop in Mugla (we ate Burger King...a waste of a meal in Turkey if you ask me, but it was the most convenie...
Ghosts in Kayakoy & Swimming in the "Dead Sea" - Jun 27, 2012
Today, we drove approximately 7km (a steep ascent followed by a steep descent!) to the village of Kayakoy to hike through the ruins of the Greek ghost town. The earliest recorded name of a city in ...