Blakes's Traveler Profile
- Retired, at last!
- Favourite music
- Rock, R and B, some country
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Favourite movie
- Out of Africa
- Favourite quote
- Say yes to life, even though you know it will devour you
- Interests and hobbies
- Reading, traveling, crocheting, decorating, and, most import, my grandchildren.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Go on a safari
- Favourite book
- Gone with the Wind
- My friends describe me as
- Fun, silly, adventuresome
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The day I met Randy. Sounds corny but it's true.
Recent Entries by Blakes
Leaving Los Angeles - Oct 26, 2014
The flight from LAX through Heathrow and on to Athens was uneventful. Food was not as good as I remember previous British Airlines meals to be, but what are you going to do. We slept fitfully on th...
Stone Town and more - Jul 18, 2014
We left for Hakuna Matata today and on the way we took a tour of a spice farm. Very interesting indeed. Zanzibar is the spice island and I can see why. We saw vanilla beans, black pepper, cinnamon ...
Home at last - Jul 21, 2014
It was a long flight home. 7 hours from Dar to Istanbul and then 13 hours from Istanbul to LAX. It's good to be back though. I hope you enjoyed our blog. I confess I wrote the last 3 entries aft...