Bearethere's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- All kinds
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Favourite movie
- Franco Zeffereli's Romeo and Juliet
- English and I can get by in French
- Favourite quote
- "I am not born for one corner. The whole world is my native land." Seneca
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, reading, movies, writing
- Favourite book
- One Hundred Years of Solitude, Cold Mountain
Recent Entries by Bearethere
Going to Edo - Nov 12, 2016
Edo: the original capital of Japan is somewhere we have both wanted to see for decades. It is situated close enough to Tokyo to get to on a Shinkansen in roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes. The trains l...
Historic City - Nov 11, 2016
We travelled to the city of Hiroshima on the bullet train. It turned out that the day we visited was November 11th. The weather was gorgeous that day. It was sunny and calm and the city is lovely. ...
Castles for days Bud! - Nov 10, 2016
We had to have a peek at Himeji. Or Himeji-jo to be more accurate as it is a castle in Himeji. Jo meaning castle. It was a short ride on the train to Himeji. It's a fairly big place but condensed e...