Bangkokrandy's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- My theme song: "It's My Life", by Bon Jovi
- Baton Rouge, Lousisana, USA - but I don't plan to die there.
- Favourite movie
- 9 1/2 Weeks with Kim Basinger and Mickey Rourke. Almost every scene in the movie is a cinematographic masterpiece.
- English, German, Thai
- Favourite quote
- "There is a peculiar pleasure in riding out into the unknown - a pleasure which no second journey on the same trail ever affords.", from Edith Durham in "High Albania - A Victorian Traveller's Balkan Odyssey"
- Interests and hobbies
- Travelling, reading, photography, exercising and stock market investing.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Favourite book
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- My friends describe me as
- Tall and skinny. (Even though that might be true, I meant it as a joke - as I'm sure it was intended that I write something a bit more philosophical here.)
Recent Entries by Bangkokrandy
Hoi An - Apr 27, 2015
24 April 2015 My plan was to visit Danang, Hoi An and maybe Hue on this trip, three cities near each other in Central Vietnam. Danang is the big regional capital, lying between Hoi An and Hue, s...
Bangkokrandy's New Home - Apr 24, 2015
24 April 2015 As you might recall, my English teaching career came to an abrupt end about a year ago when my then-boss suggested to me the day before I left for my annual vacation to India that ...
Epilogue - Apr 29, 2014
Bangkok, Sunday, 27 April, 2014 There was a metaphorical cloud hanging over me during this entire trip that I was not at liberty to speak about - until now: The day before I left Bangkok for Ind...