Aussiepanda's Traveler Profile
- IT (both of us)
- Favourite music
- Sydney and Christchurch
- Favourite movie
- Slumdog Millionaire, Cocoon, Shelter, Undertow (Chile)
- English, and now phrases in Thai, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Brasilian Portuguese, Croation
- Favourite quote
- Never regret
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, wine, food, home renovation, photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- When I was 20 I said I wanted to drive a Porsche, sail on QE2 and fly on the Concorde. Oh well, one of them is still a chance :)
- Favourite book
- All books by JRR Tolkein and the Dune series - originals, sequels and prequels
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- There have been many but if we go with moving instead of amazing I think we'll both vote for our day in Phnom Penh and the visit to the Genocide Museum. EVERYONE needs to go there. If you are not affected then you have no heart, no soul, no humanity.
We pretty much work to travel (oh, and to pay the mortgage off).
We have no travel preference (apart from my aversion to backpacking) - we love train travel, plane travel, ship travel, car travel. Not really into large group travel either (as in a bus full of people racing between photo opps).
We don't arrive in a city/town/village and go looking for a Macca's, even if they have clean toilets. A toilet is a toilet. Nothing' in one is gunna kill us.
We eat anything and everything - street food is THE BEST.
Hope you enjoy our trips :)
Recent Entries by Aussiepanda
Iceland is icy, in places - Aug 19, 2015
Wednesday 19 August Our time in the north is over and Reykjavik is calling. We didn't get back to Akureyri until after 7 the night before so didn’t get our breakfast order in. Nevertheless...
Matchsticks do keep your eyes open - Aug 17, 2015
There's no better word to describe the Icelandic scenery than epic. It really is. Everything about it is huge, and magnificent. We drove route 1, a road that runs right around the island. It is a g...
Who doesn't love an upgrade? - Aug 17, 2015
We've arrived at Keflavik Airport! Not that it mattered hugely, but we made up most of the time that we’d spent getting that second engine started. It appears to have stayed on the whole way ...