Aussiepanda's Traveler Profile
- IT (both of us)
- Favourite music
- Chillout, house, jazz
- Sydney and Christchurch
- Favourite movie
- Slumdog Millionaire, Shelter, Undertow (Chile), the new Star Trek series, Star Wars, Prometheus (Icelandic waterfalls!)
- English, and now phrases in Thai, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Brasilian Portuguese, Croation
- Favourite quote
- Never regret
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, wine, food, home renovation, photography, gardens, forests, nature
- One thing I want to do before I die
- When I was 20 I said I wanted to drive a Porsche, sail on QE2 and fly on the Concorde. Oh well, one of them is still a chance :)
- Favourite book
- Anything JRR Tolkein, anything Dune series, travel books, Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams
- My friends describe me as
- Impulsive, opinionated
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Walking up a valley in Greenland, noone else around, vivid summer colours, glacier rising in the distance, never wanted to leave. Hanging off an inner tube, surrounded by thousands of fish, in a channel on Bora Bora. Greenland again - seeing a polar bear.
We pretty much work to travel (oh, and to pay the mortgage off).
We have no travel preference (apart from an aversion to backpacking by one of us) - we love train travel, plane travel, ship travel, car travel. Not really into large group travel either (as in a bus full of people racing between photo opportunities).
We don't arrive in a city/town/village and go looking for a Macca's, even if they have clean toilets. A toilet is a toilet. Nothing' in one is gunna kill us.
We eat anything and everything - street food is THE BEST.
Hope you enjoy our trips :)
Recent Entries by Aussiepanda
Border Security, here we come - Apr 1, 2012
No idea if the plane left late or even if it arrived on time, early or late into Brisbane. Great choice of seats because they were crew seats behind us and without knowing only one person sat in...
Grey cotton wool balls - Jan 26, 2017
Temp 0C. Position at 07:40 76 06' S 168 12' E. Happy Australia Day! We were woken by the sound of the anchors being dropped and wound up the blind to find ourselves looking directly at Frank...
Of good coffee, good kayaking and good walking. - Jan 25, 2017
Temp 0C. Position at 08:00 74 41' S 164 07’ E. We rolled up the blind and straight in front of us was the first ship, and people, we’d seen since leaving Hobart. The Italian supply ...