Aussiepanda's Traveler Profile
- IT (both of us)
- Favourite music
- Chillout, house, jazz
- Sydney and Christchurch
- Favourite movie
- Slumdog Millionaire, Shelter, Undertow (Chile), the new Star Trek series, Star Wars, Prometheus (Icelandic waterfalls!)
- English, and now phrases in Thai, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Brasilian Portuguese, Croation
- Favourite quote
- Never regret
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, wine, food, home renovation, photography, gardens, forests, nature
- One thing I want to do before I die
- When I was 20 I said I wanted to drive a Porsche, sail on QE2 and fly on the Concorde. Oh well, one of them is still a chance :)
- Favourite book
- Anything JRR Tolkein, anything Dune series, travel books, Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams
- My friends describe me as
- Impulsive, opinionated
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Walking up a valley in Greenland, noone else around, vivid summer colours, glacier rising in the distance, never wanted to leave. Hanging off an inner tube, surrounded by thousands of fish, in a channel on Bora Bora. Greenland again - seeing a polar bear.
We pretty much work to travel (oh, and to pay the mortgage off).
We have no travel preference (apart from an aversion to backpacking by one of us) - we love train travel, plane travel, ship travel, car travel. Not really into large group travel either (as in a bus full of people racing between photo opportunities).
We don't arrive in a city/town/village and go looking for a Macca's, even if they have clean toilets. A toilet is a toilet. Nothing' in one is gunna kill us.
We eat anything and everything - street food is THE BEST.
Hope you enjoy our trips :)
Recent Entries by Aussiepanda
Titanium toes do good - Jul 5, 2016
Day 11 (July 5) Ollantaytambo to Wayllabamba – Inka Trek day 1 We pulled back the curtains to reveal a spectacular clear day. In the distance some snow-capped peaks. What an amazing day to...
The sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetest seat ever - Jul 17, 2016
Day 22 (July 17) Buenos Aires A midnight flight out of Lima sees you arriving in to Buenos Aires at the ungodly hour of 0500! When you add that to the fact that you slept maybe two hours of that...
And so to sum up... - Jul 19, 2016
It was a brilliant holiday. We loved it all. Buenos Aires was beautiful. Iguazu spectacular. Our decision to pay for private guides, the two Marcelos, was money very well spent. Peru was a ...