Aussiepanda's Traveler Profile
- IT (both of us)
- Favourite music
- Chillout, house, jazz
- Sydney and Christchurch
- Favourite movie
- Slumdog Millionaire, Shelter, Undertow (Chile), the new Star Trek series, Star Wars, Prometheus (Icelandic waterfalls!)
- English, and now phrases in Thai, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Brasilian Portuguese, Croation
- Favourite quote
- Never regret
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, wine, food, home renovation, photography, gardens, forests, nature
- One thing I want to do before I die
- When I was 20 I said I wanted to drive a Porsche, sail on QE2 and fly on the Concorde. Oh well, one of them is still a chance :)
- Favourite book
- Anything JRR Tolkein, anything Dune series, travel books, Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams
- My friends describe me as
- Impulsive, opinionated
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Walking up a valley in Greenland, noone else around, vivid summer colours, glacier rising in the distance, never wanted to leave. Hanging off an inner tube, surrounded by thousands of fish, in a channel on Bora Bora. Greenland again - seeing a polar bear.
We pretty much work to travel (oh, and to pay the mortgage off).
We have no travel preference (apart from an aversion to backpacking by one of us) - we love train travel, plane travel, ship travel, car travel. Not really into large group travel either (as in a bus full of people racing between photo opportunities).
We don't arrive in a city/town/village and go looking for a Macca's, even if they have clean toilets. A toilet is a toilet. Nothing' in one is gunna kill us.
We eat anything and everything - street food is THE BEST.
Hope you enjoy our trips :)
Recent Entries by Aussiepanda
Iceberg spotting - Jan 20, 2017
Thursday January 19 Lots of new creaking and groaning as we head into the seas and not across them. One above the bed we might need to get looked at! Seas 2.5-4 metres. Position at 7:30AM 58 d...
The endless sea - Jan 16, 2017
Southern Ocean Monday January 16 We are well out into the Southern Ocean when we open our eyes. There was some serious rolling during the night and both of us decided we'd maybe start the trip ...
A most unexpected journey - Jan 14, 2017
I don't know about you, but I like to spend a long time planning and organising a holiday. When we went to Greenland we spent months getting the gear together and booking hotels and flights and tra...