Aussiepanda's Traveler Profile
- IT (both of us)
- Favourite music
- Sydney and Christchurch
- Favourite movie
- Slumdog Millionaire, Cocoon, Shelter, Undertow (Chile)
- English, and now phrases in Thai, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Brasilian Portuguese, Croation
- Favourite quote
- Never regret
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, wine, food, home renovation, photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- When I was 20 I said I wanted to drive a Porsche, sail on QE2 and fly on the Concorde. Oh well, one of them is still a chance :)
- Favourite book
- All books by JRR Tolkein and the Dune series - originals, sequels and prequels
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- There have been many but if we go with moving instead of amazing I think we'll both vote for our day in Phnom Penh and the visit to the Genocide Museum. EVERYONE needs to go there. If you are not affected then you have no heart, no soul, no humanity.
We pretty much work to travel (oh, and to pay the mortgage off).
We have no travel preference (apart from my aversion to backpacking) - we love train travel, plane travel, ship travel, car travel. Not really into large group travel either (as in a bus full of people racing between photo opps).
We don't arrive in a city/town/village and go looking for a Macca's, even if they have clean toilets. A toilet is a toilet. Nothing' in one is gunna kill us.
We eat anything and everything - street food is THE BEST.
Hope you enjoy our trips :)
Recent Entries by Aussiepanda
Not at all what I imagined - Feb 25, 2015
Wednesday 25 February. I'm not sure how I thought my image of Ubud could be possible - kind of misty like Sapa in Vietnam, high up in the mountains, and just a narrow ridge of a town with terra...
How ironic, in Hiroshima today WE are the targets - Jul 13, 2011
First stop Kanada Cafe for more iced coffee from the cool Kanada Girls. Very excited when I showed them that I'd taken a picture of our picture on their website. Then the Hiroshima Peace Memoria...
Big rays, big sharks, big lagoon, big dongas - Mar 29, 2014
Saturday March 29 The anchor came up very early, sometime around 6am, and we got underway. Destination today – Bora Bora, th place most people picture when they think of Tahiti. It really ...