Aussiepanda's Traveler Profile
- IT (both of us)
- Favourite music
- Sydney and Christchurch
- Favourite movie
- Slumdog Millionaire, Cocoon, Shelter, Undertow (Chile)
- English, and now phrases in Thai, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Brasilian Portuguese, Croation
- Favourite quote
- Never regret
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, wine, food, home renovation, photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- When I was 20 I said I wanted to drive a Porsche, sail on QE2 and fly on the Concorde. Oh well, one of them is still a chance :)
- Favourite book
- All books by JRR Tolkein and the Dune series - originals, sequels and prequels
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- There have been many but if we go with moving instead of amazing I think we'll both vote for our day in Phnom Penh and the visit to the Genocide Museum. EVERYONE needs to go there. If you are not affected then you have no heart, no soul, no humanity.
We pretty much work to travel (oh, and to pay the mortgage off).
We have no travel preference (apart from my aversion to backpacking) - we love train travel, plane travel, ship travel, car travel. Not really into large group travel either (as in a bus full of people racing between photo opps).
We don't arrive in a city/town/village and go looking for a Macca's, even if they have clean toilets. A toilet is a toilet. Nothing' in one is gunna kill us.
We eat anything and everything - street food is THE BEST.
Hope you enjoy our trips :)
Recent Entries by Aussiepanda
Anything to declare? Yes, rainbow antlers - Sep 19, 2015
Who knows if we'll ever fly business again? Even if the upgrade had only been New York to LA I would have been thrilled, but getting both flights upgraded was amazing. We took off from LA prett...
A passing visit - Sep 17, 2015
Arrived into LA with enough time to visit to Qantas' swish new lounge. Not a patch on the Hong Kong lounge and I think the BA lounge in NYC was nicer. The Qantas lounge did look to have great food ...
Hot, hot in New York, New York - Sep 15, 2015
Tuesday 15 September Amtrak Adirondack Montreal - New York City The world's most helpful cabbie picked us up to take us back to Montreal's station, this time for our trip to New York. He trie...