Aussiepanda's Traveler Profile
- IT (both of us)
- Favourite music
- Sydney and Christchurch
- Favourite movie
- Slumdog Millionaire, Cocoon, Shelter, Undertow (Chile)
- English, and now phrases in Thai, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Brasilian Portuguese, Croation
- Favourite quote
- Never regret
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, wine, food, home renovation, photography
- One thing I want to do before I die
- When I was 20 I said I wanted to drive a Porsche, sail on QE2 and fly on the Concorde. Oh well, one of them is still a chance :)
- Favourite book
- All books by JRR Tolkein and the Dune series - originals, sequels and prequels
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- There have been many but if we go with moving instead of amazing I think we'll both vote for our day in Phnom Penh and the visit to the Genocide Museum. EVERYONE needs to go there. If you are not affected then you have no heart, no soul, no humanity.
We pretty much work to travel (oh, and to pay the mortgage off).
We have no travel preference (apart from my aversion to backpacking) - we love train travel, plane travel, ship travel, car travel. Not really into large group travel either (as in a bus full of people racing between photo opps).
We don't arrive in a city/town/village and go looking for a Macca's, even if they have clean toilets. A toilet is a toilet. Nothing' in one is gunna kill us.
We eat anything and everything - street food is THE BEST.
Hope you enjoy our trips :)
Recent Entries by Aussiepanda
Bali wrap-up - Mar 3, 2015
As soon as the seat belt sign went off the crew were organising meal service. We both declined and were offered complimentary water instead. We'd eaten a huge meal not that long before and it was 1...
I was a villa virgin - Feb 27, 2015
Friday 27 February to Monday 2 March Those damn black russians! The kahlua and vodka is finally gone. I slept like a log but Jacqs had a terrible night sat on the loo and driving the porcelain b...
The gorgeous deserted north of Bali - Feb 21, 2015
We did land 15 minutes early and we even got an airbridge at Denpasar Airport. Take that Brisbane 'International' Airport.<br style="line-height: 15.8599996566772px;"><br style="line-height: 15.859...