Ashling's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- all sorts
- Paris, France
- Favourite movie
- Out of Africa, A river runs through it, Blood Diamond, The Last King of Scotland, The English Patient, The lives of Others, Le fabuleux destin d'amelie poulin
- English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch
- Favourite quote
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone
- Interests and hobbies
- travel, photography, doing both to music and then writing about it.
- One thing I want to do before I die
- To believe there is hope for a change for the better, even if not in my lifetime.
- Favourite book
- Crimes against humanity; the search for global justice, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Great Gatsby, 100 yrs of Solitude, The Razor's Edge, Midnight's Children, White Teeth, LÉducation Sentimentale, A la recherche du temps perdu... so many more!!!
- My friends describe me as
- crazy tasmanian devil style gypsy on the run or duracell bunny rabbit
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- sunrise summit Mt Kinabalu; sunrise Great Wall, China; sunrise in the Serengeti & sunset over Ngorongoro Crater; Joffre Gorge at Karijini; Lightening storm in the Kimberly; Flying over 12 apostles; Bungy jump at Taupo; Sky diving 3000 & 4200m, Portugal
Recent Entries by Ashling
How one sour apple doesn't per se ruin the basket - Apr 3, 2011
Ash, on 2 hours sleep after 1360km around the North and Central half of the North Island, NZ, with 32 kilos aggregate luggage, steps off the bus on Courtney Place in central Wellington....it's abou...
On the kindness of absolute strangers - Oct 31, 2012
Here I am, sitting on the "Indian-Pacific" service of the Great Southern Railway. As someone who has flown first, not business, but first, with Cathay Pacific I will say this: the on-board team ...
DSD's: A Transnational Phenomenon - Mar 30, 2011
****Disclaimer (lawyer indeed): all that follows is not meant to offend and is based on my experiences and mine alone. Women cheat as much as men. I am sure there are nationalities of men other tha...