Amyblundell's Traveler Profile
- Voluntarily unemployed :-)
- Favourite music
- Anything on triple J
- Favourite movie
- Bridget Jones' Diary, Dirty Dancing - not very profound, but I could watch them over and over!
- English, Japanese, minimal Spanish
- Favourite quote
- If we don't change the direction in which we are going, we are likely to end up where we are headed.
- Interests and hobbies
- I love summer and anything to do with the ocean - waterskiing, wakeboarding, fishing, diving, snorkeling...I'm up for any kind of sport, but have always played netball and basketball. Newest interest is Cuban Salsa dancing. Known as a serial shopper
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Get over the fear and fainting episodes to be able to give blood
- Favourite book
- Best reads to date have been A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hossein and The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
- My friends describe me as
- Happy, friendly, lively, sporty, social, hard-working
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- 10 month student exchange to Japan in 2002 has been my most incredible experience to date.
I have always been curious about other countries and cultures. I am particularly fascinated with Japan, which is why I went across to live there for 10 months in 2002.
I have been living, studying, working and volunteering in Perth for the last 7 years. After completing a double degree in Asian Studies and Economics at the University of Western Australia, I have been out in the so-called "real world" working for a mining Company. My job took me to work on an aluminium smelter in Geelong (Victoria) as well as a bauxite mine in the countryside outside of Waroona (WA). Still, three years at a predominantly office-type job has been enough for now, so I have resigned to go and see what is out there in THE real world!! My travel mission is to dance salsa in Cuba and converse with locals in Spanish through South America!
Recent Entries by Amyblundell
The Long Road Home - Darwin to Busselton - Feb 13, 2011
Touching down in Darwin to g'day, howz it goin’, no worries cobber, she’ll be right mate, I knew I was home! Let me tell you, there is no better way to discover your own country than th...
Philippines - Actually..., like that! - Dec 14, 2010
Finally, one year on from leaving the magic of the Philippines and returning back to Ozzie shores, I write this blog. To be honest, it's taken me that long to digest everything that happened. Ei...
Swinging through Singapore - Dec 7, 2010
Having only ever been to the airport in Singapore, I was excited to have 5 days to explore the island with the benefit of a local host, Maria, who I shared a flat with while studying in Spain. Mari...