Albarnes's Traveler Profile
- Favourite music
- Jazz, anything non-commercial
- Favourite movie
- Citizen Kane
- English, some Spanish
- Favourite quote
- Never pet a burning dog.
- Interests and hobbies
- Travel, Saxophone, bikes, snorkeling, swimming
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Cross an ocean in a small sailboat.
- Favourite book
- Tao Te Ching
- My friends describe me as
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Raising three kids solo. Sailing for two days, 100 miles from land, from Texas to Louisiana, nice weather. The day I became a teacher.
Recent Entries by Albarnes
The party's over.... - Nov 15, 2012
Shanghai, the biggest city in the world. The place where I first set foot in China during the previous summer, the place that I explored closer during this past cold winter. Now I get to see ole' "...
End of the semester. Life is cheap. Ducks. - Dec 27, 2011
Next to last weekend of the semester. Then I will begin my fifth month in this very foreign place. It's hard to explain how foreign a place is when you are walking around functionally illiterate by...
Another weekend in Mingtown - Dec 4, 2011
Saturday morning I felt a bit chipper so I started out on my bike and headed back toward the West Lake of Hangzhou. I happened to run into a couple student bicyclists who were going the same direct...