Shoestrings Airport Lodge

Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa | Lodge
Searching for availability...
*Prices above are provided by partners for one room, double occupancy and do not include all taxes and fees. Please see our partners for full details.
 

Travel Blogs from Kempton Park

From Shoestrings to Switzerland

A travel blog entry by malonetravels2

10

After an overnight plane ride, we arrived in Zurich on time, collected our bags and there was Stefan to greet us. One thing about being in Zurich is the use of public transportation to go everywhere! We rode in a car one time and that was from Kastenienbaum to catch the bus back to Lucerne!

The train leaves the airport and in two stops we …

A Reunion In South Africa At Shoestrings Lodge

A travel blog entry by malonetravels2

23


Wow, we slept until almost 7a.m. because there was no early morning sun or monkeys and birds chattering about. We were both a little under the weather so we spent most of the day resting, sleeping and doing some work on the Internet.

Got everything packed up and had ourselves one of their very nice omelettes with filtered coffee. The …

My Last Day in Africa

A travel blog entry by eddim

5
7

My final day in Africa was spent in Johannesburg and the original plan was to do nothing but lie by the pool at the place I was staying at. But when I saw the state of the pool (half filled with black water) I quickly changed my mind and decided to make my way to the Apartheid museum which was across town from where I was staying. I was able to get …

Fazit Südafrika

A travel blog entry by stefanlizontour

1

In den zwei Monaten in Südafrika sind wir insgesamt 4000km gefahren, davon 2275km im Bus und den Rest mit unserem kleinen Flitzer. :)


Wir waren insgesamt in 22 verschiedenen Orten, davon in vier großen Städten. Unsere Highlights waren der Tafelberg, der Krüger Nationalpark, die Drakensberge und die Wale in Hermanus.
Südafrika …

One day in Soweto

A travel blog entry by sebjames14

5

Finally after 4 long months ******* around the world our road to the world cup had brought us to the host city Johannesburg. Jo'burg can be a pretty scary place, don't get me wrong 90% of the people we met were hugely welcoming, it was just the other 10% that would quite happily stick a bullet in my head for my old school nokia 3310 (snake top …

How has this lodge rated in the past?

  What's this?
Discover trends in hotel experiences based on real traveler reviews and ratings. Mouse over circles to see what some travelers had to say.

Location

This lodge, located in Kempton Park, is near Johannesburg International Airport--Duty Free.
Map this lodge

    More great choices in Kempton Park

    Search for more deals in Kempton Park

       

    TravelPod Member ReviewsShoestrings Airport Lodge Kempton Park

    Reviewed by eddim

    Good for the night before your flight

    Reviewed Dec 7, 2012
    by (44 reviews) Toronto , Canada Flag of Canada

    Great location for being close to the airport. The place is a bit run down but the owner more then makes up for it. He is so helpful on getting around town and with pick-ups and drop offs to the airport.

    This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.

    TripAdvisor Reviews Shoestrings Airport Lodge Kempton Park

    4.00 of 5 stars Excellent