Sangre De Cristo Lodge
Travel Blogs from Questa
- Stopped at a Gas station and got some food(lunch meat and bread) costing me $8
- Just traveled 242.8 miles spending $45.24 on the gas
- Went to Carson National Forest in Carson NM
- There was no entrance fee but the parking cost me 5 dollars
- I visited the Pot Creek and went on a hike by the water
- Sleeping in my car again, hopefully I get more sleep then I did the nights before.
- Waking up around 10am tomorrow...GET TO SLEEP IN !! ...
- Left early this morning at eight
- Arrived at Carson National Forest around ten thirty.
- Grabbed gas for $23.78
- Also had five sandwhiches for $16.25 and a water for a dollar.
- Had a light picnic and than was back on the road towards Colorado Springs
... Was hoping to camp out at this perfect park for the week So sad to have had to leave. Onwards & Upwards..now in Colorado. Staying at El Colorado Lodge.. When built 80 years ago most travelers carried their own bedrolls.Great cabin with orig.. beams,hanging lights, fireplace,. All the comforts..frig, micro, tub.. oh wonderful hot tub bath !
Explored the town today. Really like this area. This could be a possible place to return and settle ...
... like Ireland! These churches were built in the 1500 to 1700 hundreds by the Spanish priests who seemed to invade the southern US states. We stopped at the Santuario de Chimayo, legendary as a center for curing the sick. In one room there was a hole in the floor with a circumference of about 18 inches. In the hole was a cross between sand and earth of some type. The idea was that you rubbed this on ailing ...
... of the outside. By this time it was almost sunset, so we drove out of town a few miles where we could find a good view unobstructed by buildings, etc. We saw a beautiful sunset, New Mexico style! Back to town, we had dinner in the plaza out on a patio at the restaurant on the second floor, where we had a wonderful view of the plaza at night as the stars came out. Very nice! And so ends another day. Another memorable day. ~ Beth ...