How has this lodge rated in the past?
TravelPod Member ReviewsRiverlodge Backpackers Cape Town
I orginially booked this place for a couple of nights and then decided o stay for another. Here are the reasons why:
1) Great location, easy to get to from the city centre (15 minutes on the train which is really cheap especially if you buy a weekly ticket);
2) Great mix of people both staff and residents, both long term and short term;
3) Great facilities (especially the kitchen and the showers);
4) Quiet (as in no noise from the street. This is difficult to find right inthe city centre;
5) Price: Well I think that speaks for itself;
I would go back there in a flash having been to other bakcpacckers in the city centre. Great staff, great facilites. Well run.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TripAdvisor Reviews Riverlodge Backpackers Cape Town
Travel Blogs from Cape Town
... We chatted with Jolene and Eva about the typical cost and pensions (social security) the average patient receives per month. It was agreed between the two that the average person was given 1,069 Rand per month, about the equivalence of 100 US dollars. The average cost to live in Manenberg was 900 Rand plus or minus 200. This included rent, water, electricity, clothes, insurance for a funeral and one to two taxi rides to ...
... No wonder people are confused and easily misled.)
Both countries celebrate their multiracial identity. South Africa is the "rainbow nation" and although it is not easy to tell the indigo people from the violet ones, it's a great label. Malaysian politicians like to boast that their country is the most racially harmonious in the world. (They have also been known to declare from a high podium that it's the only country that allows ...