Travel Blogs from Cape Town
... take a nap in our own bed, but the room’s a mess, so he doesn’t want to scare them away from cleaning it. When they finally clean the room, he isn’t tired anymore. We arrange some more travel stuff (where we’ll stay on July 19 in Graskop, for example, and a rental car for the same trip). Then, we go to the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront for a late lunch/early dinner.
The waterfront is “pedestrian-friendly” for ...
... the opportunity to see the colony of penguins. But more chance for penguins later!
When we got back to the waterside we spent some time listening to a very talented group of musicians who could turn their talents to just about anything....... one moment leaping around to a sunny South African beat and next moment belting out amazing opera.
And we were very envious of the boat which drew upalongside us.... it looked like ...
How has this lodge rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
TravelPod Member ReviewsRiverlodge Backpackers Cape Town
I orginially booked this place for a couple of nights and then decided o stay for another. Here are the reasons why:
1) Great location, easy to get to from the city centre (15 minutes on the train which is really cheap especially if you buy a weekly ticket);
2) Great mix of people both staff and residents, both long term and short term;
3) Great facilities (especially the kitchen and the showers);
4) Quiet (as in no noise from the street. This is difficult to find right inthe city centre;
5) Price: Well I think that speaks for itself;
I would go back there in a flash having been to other bakcpacckers in the city centre. Great staff, great facilites. Well run.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.