How has this lodge rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
TravelPod Member ReviewsRiverlodge Backpackers Cape Town
I orginially booked this place for a couple of nights and then decided o stay for another. Here are the reasons why:
1) Great location, easy to get to from the city centre (15 minutes on the train which is really cheap especially if you buy a weekly ticket);
2) Great mix of people both staff and residents, both long term and short term;
3) Great facilities (especially the kitchen and the showers);
4) Quiet (as in no noise from the street. This is difficult to find right inthe city centre;
5) Price: Well I think that speaks for itself;
I would go back there in a flash having been to other bakcpacckers in the city centre. Great staff, great facilites. Well run.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TripAdvisor Reviews Riverlodge Backpackers Cape Town
Travel Blogs from Cape Town
... research, as the company didn't provide cultural notes for this portion of the trip.)
The next couple of days took us to Chobe National Park in Botswana, where we spent the afternoon laying by a great pool in the campground, then heading off for late afternoon and early morning game drives where we had our first sightings of elephants, giraffes (my favourite!), impalas, hippos, jackals, zebras, kudus, Cape buffalo, crocodiles; ostriches,and lots of beautiful ...
... a park and heritage site located right next to this museum.
Originally created in the 1650s by the region’s first European settlers, the park provided many picturesque scenes such as beautiful rose gardens, historic statues, old trees and well stocked fish ponds!
I could have stayed here much longer as benches made it quite inviting to sit down and ...