How has this lodge rated in the past?
- Airport Transportation
- Shuttle bus service
- Business Services
- Beverage Selection
- Kids activities or Babysitting
Travelers also recommend:
TravelPod Member ReviewsRiverlodge Backpackers Cape Town
I orginially booked this place for a couple of nights and then decided o stay for another. Here are the reasons why:
1) Great location, easy to get to from the city centre (15 minutes on the train which is really cheap especially if you buy a weekly ticket);
2) Great mix of people both staff and residents, both long term and short term;
3) Great facilities (especially the kitchen and the showers);
4) Quiet (as in no noise from the street. This is difficult to find right inthe city centre;
5) Price: Well I think that speaks for itself;
I would go back there in a flash having been to other bakcpacckers in the city centre. Great staff, great facilites. Well run.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TripAdvisor Reviews Riverlodge Backpackers Cape Town
Travel Blogs from Cape Town
... are wonderful people, and meeting the patients is such a joy. Today we saw four patients. The first was a 73 year old woman named Emily ("The Golden Girl") who had very severe Arthritis, especially in her hands and feet. Her left leg had been amputated and when we asked why, she said she didn't know! But she did say that they had mentioned it might have been an unnecessary amputation... which is super sad. She was my favorite by far. She was so ...
... which comes with a multilingual setting - for example, the local theatre rocking the unfortunate name 'Labia'! I could happily live here, assuming I could afford a multi-million dollar dwelling in Fresno (sp?) or along the waterfront where I would apparently be rubbing shoulders with Oprah. Except...the wind. There is generally highly-valued little eddies of wind around which help keep the temperature at bay. But on Saturday afternoon, it became gale ...