How has this lodge rated in the past?
- Airport Transportation
- Shuttle bus service
- Business Services
- Beverage Selection
- Kids activities or Babysitting
Photos of Riverlodge Backpackers
TravelPod Member ReviewsRiverlodge Backpackers Cape Town
I orginially booked this place for a couple of nights and then decided o stay for another. Here are the reasons why:
1) Great location, easy to get to from the city centre (15 minutes on the train which is really cheap especially if you buy a weekly ticket);
2) Great mix of people both staff and residents, both long term and short term;
3) Great facilities (especially the kitchen and the showers);
4) Quiet (as in no noise from the street. This is difficult to find right inthe city centre;
5) Price: Well I think that speaks for itself;
I would go back there in a flash having been to other bakcpacckers in the city centre. Great staff, great facilites. Well run.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TripAdvisor Reviews Riverlodge Backpackers Cape Town
Travel Blogs from Cape Town
... we went into a grade 7 classroom and each one of us Grand Valley students did our part to teach a period about public health. Corey and Tim taught them what bacteria and viruses are and how germs make us sick. I then took that in the direction of coughing or sneezing into their elbow and not the hand and how easily germs are spread. We took green paint and I "coughed" it into my hand where I shook Jen's hand, who high fived Tim and so on. We ended ...
... went paragliding for the first time. I was supposed to "fly" at around 10am, but after 4 hrs of waiting for the wind to arrive and various treks up and down Lion's Head and Signal Hill I finally ran off the edge of the cliff at around 1pm. It was an amazing sensation just flying through the air far above anyone else and the views were just immense. I thoroughly recommend this as an activity to do in Cape Town! Next up....10 day trip around the ...