Covenant Guest House
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Nairobi
... experience! After eating lunch I took one boy outside on the swing. He was having so much fun with me that he fell asleep ;-) It was great to visit with the wife that started the facility and her autistic son as well. We had a relaxing night at home and ate chicken and rice for dinner. After we had our devotion we started packing. We are leaving early tomorrow morning for safari. We will be there Saturday, Sunday, and Monday with limited wifi ...
On our last night in Kenya, a group of us were writing our blogs at the table after dinner and we decided to play a game of Uno. There were 7 of us playing and we played about two or three rounds before we came to the longest game ever! We were getting so tired of playing we just wanted someone to win already. We literally had one of us get down to Uno like twice but than didn’t win. Finally after a hour long game Beth won. It was a funny and entertaining last ...
I can’t believe that I can finally post my Wednesday
blog! The Travelpod website has been down for maintenance and I was just able
to post yesterday’s blog just a few minutes ago. So, if you have the time to
read them both that would be great. I really appreciate all of your interest
and I am planning to respond to some of your replies today. It has really been
rough doing anything on the internet here because of the turtle-like speed and
I am going to merge Thursday and Friday together given I was exhausted from my Thursday experience. Thursday we woke up at the normal time and got dropped off at our normal spot. I wore rain boots again. I am done taking chances because you never know when a rainstorm will hit. It also could have rained the night before which would make the clay roads very muddy.
We tried not to get the teachers upset by taking all the Forms at one time today. ...
... because at this point the rain
was really coming down. After ten minutes of awkwardness between us and the
patient’s families (about 10 people in this tiny room) the nurse finally showed
up and began to start IV’s and dextrose in solution. It was determined that the
two patients had been out drinking some sort of homemade liquor that they
bought from someone in their village this past Sunday. It was determined that
the alcohol was poisonous because ...