Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
TripAdvisor Reviews Bluffs Lodge Laurel Springs
Travel Blogs from Laurel Springs
- “Horn in the West,” the nation’s oldest Revolutionary War drama, brings to life the famous frontiersman Daniel Boone and the hardy mountain settlers of this region in their struggle to preserve their freedom during the turbulent years before and during the War for Independence.The drama highlights those settlers who came to the Blue Ridge Mountains seeking freedom and escape from British tyranny. Dr. Geoffrey Stuart, ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
... but after 2 miles spotted them another mile or more away on a bald knob. We decided not to pursue them, but enjoyed the views along the way. This is a lovely highland area that reminded us much of our home in West Virginia, and Dolly Sods Wilderness area, which is in our own backyard. Still, one never tires of such beauty, wherever it may be found!
After our hike we drove back to Marion, Virginia, and had a late lunch at a barbeque place there.
- Met a friend from Cradock High, George Weaver, that lives about 2 hours from Boone, NC. We met half way in Wilkesboro, NC for lunch. Such a delight to see a friendly face from the past.
- The drive from Boone to Wilkesboro was incredibly beautiful on Hwy 421.
- Please excuse the pictures which were taken with one hand while I drove with the other in the ...
- http://www.joneshousecommunityc enter.org
In the early 1980's, the Town of Boone, North Carolina received the wonderful gift of the historic ...