Blue Ridge Village
How has this lodge rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews Blue Ridge Village Banner Elk
Travel Blogs from Banner Elk
... time being.Dr. Stuart must eventually choose between his love for his son and his loyalty to England. Ultimately, Stuart joins his now-grown son Jack and his neighbors as they march with the Overmountain Men on the long trek to King’s Mountain. There they fight the ultimate battle in the War for Independence, to keep British Major Patrick Ferguson from keeping his promise to “…march this army over the mountains, hang ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
... finest private collections in the world.
We had planned to go to the recommended Michie Tavern for dinner which is famous for serving southern food like Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork Barbecue, Southern Fried Chicken, Marinated Baked Chicken, recipes all circa 1784, but no one told us that they only serve at lunch times so we missed out.
We finished the day with a visit to downtown Charlottesville, reasonably quiet as it was about 6 pm and only the food shops were ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...