YMCA Collins House International
Travel Blogs from Bangkok
Hello everyone! The next day, we decided to take another trip. We booked a trip to Bhuping Palace and Doi Suthep scheduled later that afternoon. To kill time, we explored the Flower Market of Chiang Mai. It was GORGEOUS. There were so many varieties of flowers that I have never seen before. I wanted to take everything home! Not only were they …
... Then Thai people would never lose their cultural roots.
It is set out in the shape of Thailand and buildings placed as they would be in reality. Wats are filled with beautiful Buddahs and houses with furniture and artifacts. There are thatched peasant houses on stilts and glittering palaces with fountains playing in the garden. Nothing is 'out of bounds' and we wander, almost on our own, through Southern style temples and houses made of teak (without a single nail ...
... travel agent in the U.K. to see if I can change and get my pre-paid money back. Then back to sleep.
In the morning it didn't seem so bad of course! I took my time and took a brisk walk down Sukhumvit in the morning cool to Soi 61. Normal life was going on ,street vendors,tourists etc and my anxiety about the proximity of the hotel to the main demos dwindled.I arrived at Counting Sheep Corner, opened only a month ago by ex- Home End student Bibi ...
... to get a taxi, who seemed to have priviliged access inside the no-go areas, who would take me to the right hotel. Only it wasn't the right hotel, which we discovered after about half an hour of trying to check me in - including asking if my wife had already arrived?!? They called the taxi back and he took me to the correct hotel this time. Well, just about. Turns out his Access All Areas pass doesn't quite A A A. We were ...
... A relief for June, contemplating the long down hill walk in the dark, when one of the guards offered to give her a ride back on the back of his motorbike. Of course the people were still selling their wares in the dark, which we had to work our way through, before our Tuk Tuk took us back to our hotel - about 15 minutes. Tuk Tuk's, we loved them - they are not very fast and the best way to see your surroundings.
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $76
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $179
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $74
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $49
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $57
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $248
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $178
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $42
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $201
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $70
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $114
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $121
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $112
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $79
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $98
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $90
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $100
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $98
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $158
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $154
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $89