YMCA Collins House International
Travel Blogs from Bangkok
... re often based on a poor foundation of incomparable experiences.
14. The surreal can be normal. Whilst walking around Chinatown in the pouring rain, we elected to find a suitable shelter and source of drinks. We came across the Yesterday Tea Room. Stepping into here was like stepping back in time: traditional British popular music from the 50s, 60s and 70s; the walls were adorned in framed posters advertising recruitment for the US Army ...
... tailor shops that sponsored the driver as we'd been pre warned about. The tuk tuk driver actually dropped us off a good ten minute walk from the Buddha, but en route we passed the royal palace and a local market so we weren't too worried. The reclining Buddha is a huge Buddha statue lying down inside a temple with surrounding temples and courtyards to wander round. We had a great time ...
... down to the cab (luckily fabian was feeling a lot better and took charge). At the check-in the steward saw me vomit in to a trash can because I didn't have the time to run out of sight so he said we couldn't go on the flight unless we got a note from the clinic at the airport. So he held our bags for us whilst we ran down there and I got the note as well as permission to be escorted to the gate in a wheelchair. They got me some medication and some vomit bags and I made use of ...
... will try our best. From what I gather it is a Dutch company that started with one upscale hotel in 2001 and now has a dozen in Asia and the Middle East. A class act. Tom talked to Moses and they want him to start March 1. Tom can live at Mose's house or the volunteer dormatories. It seems likely that Tom will meet people from all over the world that are coming to help and provide assistance and medical ...
... done my little happy dance right here on the spot but stopped short of doing it! What would these people think of me…..probably another crazy tourist!
Keys were given to our room as well as instructions on how to get there! You see, this wasn’t the end of it. We had to take a completely different elevator than the one taken ...
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $135
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $113
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $46
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $79
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $41
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $145
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $68
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $116
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $338
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $85
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $97
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $167
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $137
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $85