TripAdvisor Reviews YMCA Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... and details! Where was Shawn when I needed him.. He' s my history guy and he retains everything... oh well I got the pics of everything.. may not be able to tell you what each one is but they look great! Heading to bed as early start for heading to Naples, Pompeii and then arriving in Sorrento near the Amalfi coast for 2 nights... tried to upload pics. but files too big!! I'll have to keep u in suspense until we get home... Buonosera! ...
... train. Of course we got there in plenty of time and got an earlier train, there was no line for the bags because we had pre checked in so we flew through that and not really much of a security check either so next thing we had gone through and had 2.5 hours of waiting! We are pretty good at that now though so it didn't bother us too much. We got on the flight to Paris and travelled there no problems though there was lightening outside the plane and Scott was freaking out a bit...I ...
... snaps and decided to make my way to the Pantheon, which was across town, this time I took a cab to avoid getting lost. The Pantheon was beautiful. It is remarkably well preserved as it was converted from a pagan temple to a catholic church in 609 AD. In order to survive the destruction of the popes the old temples had to be converted to catholic church's or they were torn down and their materials used elsewhere. Inside the Pantheon are ...
... we just made it. Back on the bus for a 3.5 bus ride to services for some lunch as I slept through most it went really quick, stopping off we grabbed a chicken sandwich each and pringles for the bus ride ran to the loo and then back on the bus for another hour until we got into Rome where we didn’t a little drive around and some information. The bus driver pulled up and we all jumped off as our tour manager had planned a 1.5 ...
... our B&B to our hostel, we were pretty darn close to throwing our bags onto the pavement and bursting into tears when we saw that the address of our hostel was a broken down gate. With no door. Or house. It had finally happened to us. The mafia. We'd been duped! But all was not lost! A lovely Australian man noticed our distress and walked us to the real address of our hostel. Why they had two number 55s on ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82