TripAdvisor Reviews YMCA Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... only had to pay for 1 bed so that was a little win after a very long day on the road. I spent two days in Rome and Vatican City and no surprise here, but it was bloody hot, AGAIN! I went on two tours in Rome which allowed me to skip the lines at the major tourist spots, I leant a lot about Roman history whilst seeing: - Vatican City - St. Peter's Basilica - Vatican museum - St Peter's Square - Sistine Capel (the last supper ...
... down the best we had tasted the whole time. Today's gelato flavors: Chris--pera (pear)/cannella (cinnamon)/champagne Colleen--crema di whiskey (Bailey's)/torrone (nougat)/pompelmo rosa (pink grapefruit) It has been an unbelievable trip and we are sorry to see it end. At the same time, we are both anxious to get back home. Our flight leaves tomorrow morning and we are prepared for a full day of travel back to ...
... of the places we tried to reserve were closed on Sundays, so we decided to wonder back toward the neighborhoods we explored close to the Trevi Fountain/4 River Fountain we had found our first couple nights in Rome (seemed like a nice spot). What we found to have great reviews on Yelp was also closed, so we turned the corner to find one other highly reviewed place and ran into a dead end, only to find a cool looking/more casual spot that we decided to check out. The hostess was ...
... Musei Vaticani. We were glad to have booked a private tour guide as the line for Vatican museum wrapped around several city blocks. With our guide, we were able to walk in through a reserved entrance and head straight inside. We were all eager to begin our tour of the Vatican museum, but unfortunately our guide sat us down in a corner and proceeded to give us a 30 minute art history lecture on the nuances and significance of Michelangelo's paintings in ...
... We took about 1-2 hours to walk around the place, taking everything in and taking pictures. We got to walk around the bottom of it and also climb the stairs to take in the views from above.
After we left we decided we would tough out the rain again (as it was coming and going) and find the Trevi fountain. The map the hotel had given us was pretty helpful and so we walked steadily along the way for about 20 minutes. When ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Innenstadt, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $124
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82