TripAdvisor Reviews YMCA Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... br> We have found the Library and both have books to read. We also found the pub, the Golden Lion on deck 2 and had a drink and checked out the sports coverage - maybe able to watch rugby and soccer!
7.30 was sailing time and we watched the sights of Venice pass by as 90,000 tonnes of QE edged her way down the Grand Canal and into the Gulf of Venzia bound for Korkula, Croatia.
Then it was time to dress (casual - which I should explain means ...
... and play with the cats! Many of them were blind, as they have a prevalence of chlamydia in the area and this damages the eye, but it was lovely to see them so well cared for. We played with a cat that looked like Voldemort as he had no ears, and one that looked like a one-eyed Cricket and was a right grump. I especially liked a little scruffy one with a kinky tail and a faraway look, who I found out, was called Sandra! Brilliant!
I could’ve ...
... just over a month though. So we explored and ate and partied all over the States.
When we reached Philadelphia I realised I was running out of opportunities to get a ring. I knew there was no point in getting the ‘actual’ ring as we would most likely continue to travel after the proposal. We went to ...
... pasta, Kurt of course shrimp with heads, and me pasta amatriciana. And beer, too tired to try for wine again, The food came, and well, it was all delicious! Although karl claimed the ribs were awful the other three of us ate same another were delicious, mark loved his pasta, and me too. Kurt liked shrimp with heads and even tried the basil sauce though he preferred them plain. We didn't save room for dessert, plus we were going to go back to piazza navona and try a place with ...
... He explained our living quarters. It was more like a self-catering apartment. There were 3 private bedroom/baths and a shared kitchenette, living area and computer station. There is no breakfast prepared for you but you get juice, milk, yogurt, expresso, and breads.
We decided to head right to St Peter's Square as it was a beautiful afternoon and that was the closest attraction. What a thrill for ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82