No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Rome
... back to try to meet up with our group before we enter the Sistine Chapel. We find them just before they go in...whew! I have to tell you that they build the Sistine Chapel up quite a bit for over two hours through signs and descriptions. They also emphasize that there is to be NO TALKING and NO PHOTOS. And if you choose to do either, it is not good. We decide to abide by the rules and try to convince the kids that they must be silent...seriously. They can ask us ...
... world famous landmark, and it too was even more impressive when seen with a real pair of eyes. What I didn't realise until I got there is that there's a "showy" side to the Coliseum and a "back" side. The showy side is the one you'll be more familiar with, because it's the one they want the world to see, and the backside is where they stole all of the iron piping and left everything exposed and bare.
After that was the Fountain of ...
... straight off to Venice, it was a long drive taking the whole day, we only arrived in Venice at 7pm and we then went straight to dinner at our hotel and stayed in as our hotel was a little out of the city so we couldnt go in easily. It was a fun night in, we all played cards and chatted till bed, it was nice to have a relaxing night.
The last leg of our transport to our Europe Avventura, was via flight EK97from Dubai to Rome, which was serviced by an Airbus A380. What a plane! Two stories of seats with outstanding space, comfort and much reduced noise.
Emirates has a great passenger entertainment system called ICE - Information Communications and Entertainment; so much to choose from. As we were ...
... Sistine Chapel, and The Spanish Steps were all just amazing to see and experience. My favorite place was definitely the Trevi Fountain. It was simply magical! I probably went four times. Yes, that's once each day that I was in Rome :) Another highlight on this trip was visiting this underground church where the early Christians met in secret. We sang a few songs there and read from the book of Romans, which was so surreal considering we were ...
TripAdvisor Reviews YMCA Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72