TripAdvisor Reviews YMCA Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... that I did not follow what she meant. To me 'The big V' is Victoria, the state of origin football team, I didn't even connect the dots, yet I've probably said Victoria's name so loud now that it's very suss. I tell myself that I will make a move if she comes to watch Lego Movie with me, otherwise it will all be forgotten when the eleven new girls join us in Mykonos. All I wanted was what Reece had with Paige, perhaps it isn't for me though, good things rarely are.
Hello again from Rome Today started well. I got up early at 6:00 and went down to brekky at the same place as yesterday and yet again it was... Delicious. I ordered an scrambled egg and an apple croissant washed down with some green apple juice. After brekky we walked down to the Coliseum and waited for our tour to start. Our tour was of the palatine and the forum. I was amazed at the confidence of the Romans ...
... allowed. Or talking. It was wonderful.
On to the Vatican Museums where the crowds picked up. Again, having a guide here is a must. We learned so much.
To get to St Peter's we had to pass back through the Sistine Chapel. Do not go here without a tour that skips the lines! It was so crowded we had to snake through throngs of people - not sure how they even had room to tilt their heads ...
... five months; however, it stood up to the test. Regrettably, we had to share the experience with an intimate group of about 350 other people "ooing" and "ahhing" and the crush kept coming so one was not able to fully appreciate the work. Michelangelo’s work is superb, but then so also are Raphael’s works in the Vatican museum chambers. Suspect that when [and if] we head back to Rome, another trip to the Chapel will be on the agenda.
... toured the basilica and the grounds of the Vatican. We walked from there to our favorite Piazza de Navona where we had lunch. We love to walk through this old chariot raceway looking at the canvas paintings. Then we walked back to Trevi Fountain, then to our hotel, which we accessed via our "Mexican Steps" because the Spanish Steps were, of course, packed. We made one detour and went past our hotel to the bakery a few blocks down. We had to sample a canoli! Content after our ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82