Travel Blogs from Rome
... struggled in the crowd.
The whole event was absolutely spectacular, awesome, humbling, beautiful, inspirational and motivating. As we struggled with the crowd and perspired so that our clothing was totally wet, as we smelled the odors of similar people struggling to find a surface to call home for a few hours, I
thought of my Grandfather STAWICKI, who, in Poland, would march in long lines of pilgrims
through the countryside ...
... for desert. Watched a fun documentary on brain games (along the lines of the book, "Predictably Irrational" by Dan Ariely). Fascinating how the human brain works to convince us of so many things.
Had an interesting conversation with my seat mate (Paul and I had seats at different parts of the business class cabin). And I actually fell asleep for about 3 hrs. What a difference it all makes. By the time we made it to Rome I ...
... you for the sunny day that gave our skin vitamin E. Thank you for the food we had today that was amazing and delicious. Thank you for the chef's and their talents. Thank you for protecting us so that no harm came upon us. Thank you for the new friends we made. Thank for the opportunity to walk home and get there safely. Thank you Lord for the comfortable beds and the drinks that we had in the kitchen. Thank you once again for providing us accommodation, food and expenses. ...
Today we have to take Dad to the airport in Rome. Then we are going to stay in Rome for one week. Mum has a friend called Porgie (Georgie) who lives in Rome with her family. She is just around the corner. She has two children, Mila 6 and Alberto 4. They go to the French school in Rome so they speak 3 languages, English, Italian and French. Sometimes they are very funny and really really fun.
... menu, so she gets a Greek salad, while I have the usual Italian lunch of a panini with a glass of rosso di casa. Thus fortified, we continue on to the
historical centre, mingling with the tourists near the Piazza di Spagna carrying shopping bags with the labels of expensive Italian brands (Prada, Gucci).
I noticed at the foot of the steps the Babington's Tea Room, and I remember the description of this place in H.V.Morton's A Traveller in ...
TripAdvisor Reviews YMCA Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82