TripAdvisor Reviews YMCA Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... for breakfast. Rome itself was really dirty, with rubbish all over the place, millions of cigarette butts everywhere and graffiti on EVERYTHING!
Ancient Rome was interesting though, on Saturday we visited the Colosseum, the Roman forum, Pantheon and Trevi fountain. Some of the sights were pretty incredible, particularly the Colosseum, considering it was built between 70 and 80AD. A lot of the other areas just looked like piles of broken rocks. Sorry to all ...
... The church was huge and after reluctantly having to leave we went to the Vatican museum. The lines we like a km long and I was glad my dad got a skip the line pass. The Vatican museum was huge and showed the wealth of the church. Every single room was decorated with marble and painting on the celling and floor. After seeing some of the priceless treasures of the Vatican we went in to the Sistine chapel. It is amazing how big some paintings are and I ...
... of our meal
Brian highlight - 4 hour, 8 course meal
Brian lowlight - not having breakfast
Claibourne highlight - the bottle of 1995 Rioja with lunch/dinner
Claibourne lowlight - not having breakfast
Christine highlight - spending Christmas day with my family in Rome
Christine lowlight - the dessert at the end of our 4 hour, 8 course ...
... ceiling in here was painted by Michelangelo, so beautiful. I must say though we were a little disappointed as it was not as magnificent as we thought. St. Peter's cathedral on the other hand, was spectacular. The most beautiful church, if you could call it that, it is so much more than just a church. This is where the Pope gives mass every Sunday and also where the past Popes are buried. ...
... the weather.
Then onto Trevi fountain to make a wish along with the thousands of others there doing the same, that's one busy roman god!
Now, there is a specific protocol when making a wish at Trevi, as follows:
you must have your back to the fountain and throw your coin/s over your left shoulder. The number of coins relates ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82