TripAdvisor Reviews YMCA Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
Ciao mie amiche!
Just got back from a brilliant day consisting of a vineyard tour, wine tasting, and grubbing on some amazing food out in the countryside of Roma! The winery has been owned by the royal Roman Pallavicini family for over 400 years, and the place was just beautiful! This is the time when they start to harvest the grapes, so we got to watch a batch of red grapes get picked ...
We spent a quiet Mother's Day at home (in Rome) today. After breakfast, Dee and Lucy went to the 10:30 morning Mass at the Catholic church up the street from our apartment (St. Joachim), which they reported was very well attended. Later, they went out to do some shopping, paying another visit to Castroni's to browse this store's amazing inventory of specialty food items. ...
... of other tourists, but had great enjoyment sitting on the steps, crowd watching and on the other side of the street some famous shops, Prada, Channel and Dior, just to name a few. Outside of the shops, hustlers selling fake Prada, Channel and Dior hand bags, always on the lookout for the police. I made the mistake in looking interested in a hand bag and got harassed by one of the hustlers, it took me ages to shake him off after continually telling him I wasn't interested, he ...
... doors of the Basilica. It was then we noticed the MASSIVE line of people waiting to climb the cupola (dome) of St. Peters. I climbed it in the past and it was remarkable, but there was no way I would stand in that line to do it. Then we exited the Basilica stairs and saw the line for people to get into the Basilica. It was about 11:30 am and the line wrapped around St. Peter’s Square. AROUND THE ENTIRE SQUARE. I was in such shock about the length of the line that ...
... was very excited when he discovered we had a fridge and cook top and there was the possibility of cereal and milk for breakfast, until his, mean, parents pointed out that we were in the land of croissants and pain aux chocolates and there wasn't way he was having cereal for breakfast. After a quick dinner from the local take away, and a bottle of wine from the Quik E Mart next door, it was off to sleep in ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82