TripAdvisor Reviews YMCA Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
Sadly today was our last day in Rome - until we return in 2015 of course! - and it turned out to be great. A nice clear day weatherwise, but with a sharp nip in the air, when we left the hotel at 900 am to go across the road to Trajan's Market. This is always worth a visit but especially now when it is hosting a special exhibition on Rome during the time of Augustus, that is about 2000 years ago. It is brilliantly put together with fancy computer graphics rebuilding the ...
So another turbulent flight and we have arrived - safe and sound! Update - 6pm Rome So, we still have all 40 of the crew (I'm sure as their parents you're relieved to hear that). We have braved the Rome subway and bus system - packing ourselves in like anchovies. Gelato has been sampled (should I mention that a regular sized ...
... We managed to find our way back to the point we had decided to meet, and then went looking for a restaurant for lunch, which we found after some investigation and we had a lovely meal. After lunch we went to Pont du Gard which boasts one of the worlds most beautiful monuments The tallest Aqueduct in the Roman world, it was built almost 2,000 years ago. The UNESCO world heritage Aqueduct, supplied the people of Nimes with ...
... forgetting to grab one for my collection before we left “Firenze” as it is known here. No luck.
The Vueling (pron. Vway ling) ‘plane was quite comfy with a tad more legroom than the
flight from Abu Dhabi to Milan and the Spanish flight attendants were cast from
the same mould as the lovely Italian ladies we’ve become used to! I wish they were portable, I’d fold one up and bring her home with me…
... a line of a dozen people at the end of a 15 minute walk uphill near a lone sole door where tourists come from all over the world to peep in the keyhole. What is special about this is the spectacularly naturally framed view on gets of the Basilica from peeping through this ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82