Wyndham Financial District
Travel Blogs from New York City
... proved the catalyst for a chain reaction, without which this story would not have occurred... So, anyway, off I set, alone, heading for Yankee Stadium on the notorious New York subway. The first leg of the journey passed without incident but, upon arriving at Lexington Avenue and 59th street, I realised my journey into the Bronx was going to be anything but straight forward! The platform was a seething mass of Yankee-clad humanity, all trying to get to the same place, at the same ...
... the world. But what you are also struck by is people's strength in the face of adversity and their utter determination not to allow evil to win. The tower rose again, the city of New York did not capitulate and give in to despair, instead going on to triumph and be born again, whilst never forgetting those who were lost in the chaos of that dreadful day. 9/11 - a date that will forever live on in the history of this city ... and of the ...
... in the terror attacks of September 11th 2001. This was Ground Zero. When I booked this place I knew it must have been in the same area, but I never thought it would be literally next door. This is the place where the world changed forever. By far the single biggest world event in my lifetime. To actually see it in front of you is shocking and kind of scary as somehow it makes it all a lot more real. Chirpy dance music played in the background from the ...
... were very memorable moments as we walked back over the iconic Brooklyn Bridge!
At the end of the bridge, we dropped into Little Italy for dinner.
It was really alive as the 88th ...
As soon as we got off the train you could tell it didn't appear to be a very pleasant area.
Game was good, boys enjoyed it and we got to see a few home runs and catches. Yankees ended up winning in the 9th innings after trailing by 1 for quite a few innings.
Was a good night and nearly midnight by the time we got back to our hotel.
Sad news today that Joan Rivers passed away here in New York.
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!