Wyndham Financial District
Travel Blogs from New York City
... Police were all over the area and streets were blocked off. The Pope is in town and we guessed was going there to address the thousands of Catholic people we saw around the area, including a number of priests. A group of Hispanic people were protesting about something in Spanish and waving signs around. We managed to get past them all and walked up to our hotel, the William, on 39th Street.
Our hotel room is at the top of ...
I don't normally blog about places that I travel to for business but I figured why not? I have the opportunity to travel to New York City this week to attend a conference. I will have just a little bit of free time but this city is so amazing that I think it's worth writing about. I've been to New York several times. The first time was on a field trip in the 7th grade, maybe 1989 or so. I remember being a little shocked - growing up ...
... 7 train to Times Square for a start. We had a slight hiccup when I accidently hopped out at Grand Central, but another 7 came almost straight away, so we were off again. We changed at Times Square to a train going uptown to Cathedral Park 110th Street. From that station we walked to St John the Divine Cathedral. This church is in the same area as Colombia University, which takes up blocks of NYC. It was found in 1754.
The Cathedral ...
... Shop which I had a great time perusing and bought a few presents. I went to meet John in the FDR Library and Museum - he had finished there, but I had a short time investigating all the FDR memorabilia, including his wonderful Ford Phaeton vehicle, which he drove in a maniacal manner around the district ! But then we had to catch the bus to Val Kill - the only home that Eleanor ever owned.
To be continued in Part 2
Following an afternoon snack in central park we had a much needed nap before heading out for the evening. We jumped on the night tour bus that took us all through downtown, China Town, Little Italy and across the Brooklyn Bridge. They called it a photo tour and I definitely got many amazing shots of the city at night. We had a lovely 3 course dinner at an Italian Restaurant then headed home to get some rest for our next day in the big apple.
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!