Wyndham Financial District
Travel Blogs from New York City
... 8217;. It sounded fancy and looked fancy. Lucky the boss was paying because the price of it was unbelievable. But it was so worth the price because it was such a big meal and so filling.
I took a cab ride back to the hostel and now I sit here and write my day two of this magnificent adventure. I cannot wait until tomorrow but when I get to tick something off my bucket list, The Empire State Building.
... when we got on, we didn’t realize it was an express train. It took us 80 blocks up to Harlem and after the first stop, went about 45 blocks without stopping! That was my longest subway ride without a stop. So we walked around 125th and saw the Apollo theater and decided to get some Soul food. Yelp helped us find Jacob’s on 129th. It was an amazing buffet where you pay by the pound. We were not disappointed.
We leisurely made our way ...
... a hurry using this method of transport.
After picking up the passes we went to Times Square which was full of people. New York is an assault on the senses. The noise is intense. Sirens, horns tooting, people shouting. Lots of different smells too from street vendors to rubbish. It must be collection day in the neighborhood where the laundry is as there were mountains of rubbish bags curbside and ...
... of it being built. Quick visit to the Financial District and Wall Street. Stopped at 9/11 memorial shop which we had missed the other day. Then more shopping at Macy's. Tonight was dinner at an Irish pub of all places for our last supper ...
... he assured us it is - could have had something to do with the fact that he was of West Indian ancestors! Anyway finally arrived at Super 8 @ JFK - looked ok on the net but when we walked in both immediately thought Hotel California we are here! The lobby was just this really tragic desk with a very small man sitting behind the counter - I thought he was sitting a stool at first but nooooooo he was standing!
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!