Wyndham Financial District
Travel Blogs from New York City
... 2 G&&T’s, but what the heck, that’s the pay back for our cheap tickets I guess! We topped off the night with a slap up meal in the oldest Italian restaurant in the Hells Kitchen district, and a well-deserved bottle of wine, to celebrate and remember the last 8 amazing months on the road together. We ended up in a late night Irish bar (there is always a friendly Irish bar practically anywhere in the world we have found) and talked some more, remembering good ...
... on that day.
The Memorial's twin reflecting pools are each nearly an acre in size and feature the largest manmade waterfalls in North America. The pools sit within the footprints where the Twin Towers once stood.
The names of every person who died in the 2001 attack are inscribed into the bronze panels that edge the pools.
A display of some of the burned and twisted steel from the original towers sends out a message ...
Everyone remembers where they were in 2001 when they heard the news about the planes hitting the Twin Towers in New York. 9/11 - those two numbers are synonymous with a moment in time in everyone's life ... That morning, our family, with two young daughters were on the early plane out of Launceston, travelling to Broadbeach for our first Queensland holiday. We flew and watched replay after replay of the planes hitting the towers and ...
... vs Tampa Lightning and Rangers defeated soundly by a score of 6-3. Lightening scorers with 2 goals each were Tyler Johnson and Brett Connolly. Matt Carle tied game at 3-3 then empty netter by Ondraj Palat. Rangers scorers were Kevin Hayes, Jasper Fast and Marty St. Louis which put Rangers up 3-2 in 2nd but lost their mojo in the ...
... though that car cannot move. I reckon I'd beep my horn on my car 2-3 times a year. In NY they would beep that in a minute. It's crazy and the noise does your head in. I really don't know why you'd bother to drive here, it's faster to walk. Times Square is very impressive, lots of giant screens everywhere. They had some Sesame St characters there asking if you wanted to take pictures with them. We thought, that's nice, and ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
234 West 48th Street, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $55
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!