Wyndham Financial District
Travel Blogs from New York City
STATEN the FACTS
WEDNESDAY 10th JUNE 2015
Breakfast was had at 8.45 on this beautifully, extremely clear day. The view to Manhattan was even more stunning than ever. Daisy brought us a couple of croissants, as she knew we liked them and they usually ran out quickly.
Back in our room, I booked into Friday's flight to Hong Kong and chose our seats. We usually like to get the last two seats in the plane ...
... When it was time to go upstairs we were taken to the 18th level which was also the terrace. We were welcomed with a glass of Moet and walked into this room where the entire ceiling was covered in light bulbs. In the centre of the room was a round table with meats, cheeses and all the good stuff presented beautifully. We made our way out to the terrace which gave an amazing view over the city. Everything was done ...
... dance, and special effects were amazing... Roald Dahl's Matilda- written by the comedian Tim Minchin, a very entertaining production, follows the book really well, and the actor that plays the Trunchbull stole the show... Tonight we are off to Finding Neverland.... The story of Peter Pan... It has only opened yesterday... So we are looking forward to it... Love to ...
... the musical 'Beautiful' this afternoon and then wandered around some more, doing a bit of shopping and finding Macys where we managed to spend some of the old hard earned.
Much more to put in here but of for another early morning walk around Central Park so I will just throw in a few more photos and catch up with the words later. BTW -- off to see New York vs San Antonio basketball at Madison Square Gardens ...
... visit the 9/11 Museum, I'm sure not many leave with dry eyes.
The pictures I have posted here represents most of what I have seen at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. It was a moving experience for me.
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
45 East 45th Street at Madison Avenue, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, Big Bend National Park | Campgroundfrom $256
235 W 46th Street, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $73
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
304 E. 42nd Street, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $23
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!