Wyndham Financial District
Travel Blogs from New York City
... and what the future may bring. We slept our last night in 18A on the floor and Mark woke up at 5 am to finish some work and out-processing at the hospital. He's already been to McDonald's, Starbucks and the hospital in search of strong WiFi. Me? I slept in, showered, worked on my blog, snuggled with Max and have picked up some clothes on the floor only to fold them and put them back down on the ...
... noticed my Medical Supplies man bag, it has featured in a series of shots by Kristen Ross, I think it even has its own hashtag (don’t worry if you don’t know what a hashtag is, it’s only relevant if you are less than 20 or one of the really cool kids, I’m in neither of those groups).
On Saturday 17 May I left Kylee and Nara’s apartment at 4am and headed to Newark airport to continue on my adventure, boarding a 6:30am flight to Roatan, ...
... listening to the hustle and bustle of the city. As the weather cooled off (read as, we froze our summer butts off) we headed back to the subway and home. We are getting very used to the subway, recognising signs and finally getting on the right train the first time… It’s a bugger when you realise you have been travelling “up town” when you wanted to go “down town”. At times, we even manage to ...
... the Macy’s basement bar. We’d managed to pass enough time to start to feel able to eat again so we headed to the Greenwich Village area and a place called "the meatball shop" whose speciality was, funnily enough, meatballs. Another cool little place where we ate and relaxed for a couple of hours before heading back to the hotel.
After getting our glad rags on we headed up to the lounge for some awful wine before heading out for the ...
... everyone up from their tables dancing and singing along to the tunes of the house band. We were knocking out some great moves following the drinking games Huishy had us playing earlier in the night!
Thursday morning soon came round, after a trip to Ground Zero I met everyone for lunch in the South Street Seaport area before we walked the Brooklyn Bridge. With the sun still shining the views ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!