Wyndham Izmir Ozdilek
How has this hotel rated in the past?
TravelPod Member ReviewsWyndham Izmir Ozdilek
A wonderful international hotel.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TripAdvisor Reviews Wyndham Izmir Ozdilek
Travel Blogs from Izmir
... next to use started up a conversation and ended up buying us some tea. One thing I must say is that Turkish people are so nice! They seem to love talking to tourists and teaching us about the Turkish life. So on to Ephesus. It is the largest well preserved ruins in the world. The large part was a little daunting due to the heat, but once we got to exploring we discovered it was well worth it. Probably should have planned to go a little later in the day, but it worked ...
... It was really beautiful up there and a lovely sunny day. I must admit it was a little scary up there so I'm glad we were with two other people! After this we went to Konak square and saw the clock tower before heading back to the ship. We were glad to be back as they were having a protest in Izmir an hour from the port and we wanted to avoid it. It was super loud and the people seemed very enthusiastic. I have no idea what it was about because ************e spoke ...
... Finding the Agora ruins just in the middle of Izmir were amazing. Research shows that these ruins are in fact from the ancient city of Smyrna, dating back 8,500 years.
Some facts about Agora:
* the reforming of this old city was conducted by Alexander the Great.
* Smyrna withstood many earthquakes over the times. The legend states that Tantolos (founded Izmir and the son of Zeus and Plouto) betrayed the gods. As such, they punished him by striking his city with ...
... of olives, islands ancient philosophy and lazy lifestyles -Greece!
- Earthcake: Turkish pronunciation of earthquake :)
- kahve: coffee
- schwarzes: black
- tea-sugar-adream: our pronunciation of Turkish thank you
- 80% of the people of Istanbul were taking part in Ramadan while we were there! Streets are really quiet in the day and totally abuzz at night!!! ...
... it is next to redundant (and we are heading out in 30min). There is a reason why this structure is the way it is, but I couldn’t be ***** reading the signs about it. I just wanted to run around and splash in the water. One day, I may Wikipedia it. One of our final days was spent on the ancient site of Ephesus. This place was quite incredible. It had grandiose ancient structures, and we got to see a cat kill and eat a snake. It has lots of cats there ...