Windsor Town House Hotel
Travel Blogs from Inverness
... it burned, then fireworks followed! Here's some pics. Must say I'll miss Inverness - it has been a very special place to visit. Must give thanks to my sister who suggested that I couldn't go to Scotland without visiting the Highlands. Nic, you were right! Edinburgh ...
We'll sort of. Today was one of those days that make the tiring days, the boring half-days stuck on a train and revoltingly loudly snoring roommates all worth the effort. Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle are the epitome of what I imagined Scotland to be like. Inverness is an amazing town, but it has gown so much they call it a city. One of the things that has stood out is that I have seen plenty of amazing cities in the UK ...
... of Georgian military architecture in Britain" and still a working army base. We walked and climbed around. Looked at the views and took in the atmosphere of the site, including barrack rooms with life size soldier models, a collection of Georgian weaponry, and a really good museum of the Queen's Highlander regiments. Ran out of time again and left as they closed. Drove to a camp site near ...
... the window. Back on the bus and back to sleep. Woke up in Pitlochry in time for the heavy downpour and lunch. Normally we would just walk the village, but with the downpour we decided to find a restaurant and sit out the rain. We chose a Mediterranean restaurant called Pasha. Jean had an appetizer and I got a 2-course lunch. I ordered a sausage platter for my appetizer and a lamb stew and rice for my entree. By the end of lunch it had stopped raining. Yeah! Back on ...
... Trans-Siberian Express, Russia
33. Climb the Eiffel Tower, France
34. Visit the world's smallest country, Vatican City
35. See an Italian Opera, Italy
36. Swim in the Blue Lagoon, Iceland
37. Stay in the Ice Hotel, Sweden
38. Explore Venice, Italy
39. Travel Australia by Combivan
40. Swim along the Great Barrier Reef, Australia
41. Visit the Lord of the ...
Other places to stay in Inverness
Millburn Road, Inverness | 3 star hotelfrom $148
- Worst hotel i have ever stayed in !
- Location not great
Stoneyfield, Inverness | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Good accommodation in Inverness
- Overpriced as can stay at four star hotels cheaper
- Great place
7 Ness Walk, Inverness | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- Clean and comfy but don't expect Hilton level service
- Pleasant, satisfactory experience
- Super staff
Culcabock Road, Inverness | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Lovely Hotel!
- Majestic Place, regal hotel
- Nice hotel
18 Academy Street, Inverness | 2 star hotelfrom $122
- Service leaves much to be desired
- 2 nights in Inverness
- Cosy, peaceful & lovely rooms
8 Ness Walk, Inverness | 3 star hotelfrom $182
- Great hotel
- Bath Room was Small, Hotel is overpriced.
- Definitely visit again!!
63 Academy Street, Inverness | 3 star hotelfrom $149
9 Annfield Rd, Inverness | 4 star hotelfrom $164
Castle Heather, Inverness | Hotelfrom $82
- Keinerlei Beschwerden
- No complaints
- Cheap and Clean
20 Ness Bank, Inverness | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- A touch of Luxury in Inverness
- Highland Gem
- Good value if booked via the internet
28 Ardconnel Street, Inverness | 3 star hotelfrom $90
8-15 Ness Bank, Inverness | 3 star hotelfrom $148
- Lovely view, comfy room
- Nice, though Pricey
- Lovely Location, Variable Rooms
19 Ness Bank, Inverness | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Terrible place. terrible staff.
- No room at the Waterside
- An Average Hotel in a Great Location
A96 Inverness Road, Inverness | Hotelfrom $80
Brackla, Inverness | 3 star hotelfrom $94
Millburn Road, Inverness | Hotelfrom $139
Beechwood Business Park, Inverness | Hotelfrom $132
Stratherrick Road, Inverness | Hotelfrom $181
- New extension is sensational
- Great Hotel
- Excellent Service
Culloden, Inverness | 4 star hotelfrom $422
- Romantic in the extreme.
- Sybaritic splendour after a long day in the saddle
- A good place to relax
2 Millburn Road, Inverness | Hotelfrom $132
Loch Ness Road, Inverness | 4 star hotelfrom $234
Tulloch Castle Dr, IV15 9ND, Inverness | Hotelfrom $202
Old Perth Road, Inverness | 4 star hotelfrom $167
4 Ardross Terrace, Inverness | Hotelfrom $166
11 Culduthel Road, Inverness | Hotelfrom $148
Kingsmills Road, Inverness | Hotelfrom $174
- Disappointing Room, Nice Bar/Restaurant, Good Staff
- Another Great Stay