Whare Ora Lodge
TripAdvisor Reviews Whare Ora Lodge North Island
Travel Blogs from North Island
... unstable. This is why they recommend proper hiking books! As we climbed the rain got worse and the ice cold wind picked up to a ridiculous strength. There was bits of ice and snow on the ground around and the rocky muddy terrain underfoot was slipping and falling away with almost every step. After a good 45 minutes we was almost to the top and reached a small slither of rock to climb over, with a huge drop either side and with the ice cold wind blowing a gale we was almost on ...
... in a heap the minute we hit the hay…
Despite the appalling weather of the night before, the following morning dawned reasonably bright but really rather breezy. Still exhausted from the drive up, we didn’t get up till 10:30am. We wandered sleepily downstairs to the kitchen to find everyone in the entire group were there happily eating breakfast. Appeared we didn’t the memo to join…Only armed with Kelloggs cereal ...
... considered one of the best day hikes in the world
- and I completely believe that!
- This is where mordor was shot for Lord of the Rings and it didn’t take much imagination to make it look straight out of the movie
- It’s a 19.4 km hike through the national park, it goes next to mt doom ( mt ngaruhoe ) and onto the other side, finishing in a rainforest
- the distance is different depending on where you look, but Wikipedia says it is 19.4 ...
... we had planned a boat trip together, there was an opportunity to privately charter a boat which we could drink on and watch the sunset. The sailboat went round the coast to a giant carved rock in the cliffside where the driver told us a story about is creation and how the Mauri tribe that crafted it were considered by another tribe to have desecrated the land and so were killed and cast off the cliff with their bones still lying at the foot of the rock. The driver ...
... in the Whakapapa river, Hokey Pokey ice cream, sandals for life, makes live a bit more sweet as;). In December the time to make a decision to stay in ‘Aotearoa’ or not, had also come;) On my day-off I drove all the way to ‘Palmy’ (Palmerston North) to book my return ticket to Amsterdam! It was quit hard – but my visa expires in February – good times come one day to an end. 18 of February – the day I arrived in NZ – is also the day when ...
Other places to stay in North Island
75 Featherston Street, Wellington | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Helpful staff
- Ottimo albergo
- Großartiges Hotel
128 Albert St, Auckland | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Sleek, modern, and excellent
- Can't fault it
- Great choice
Cnr Princes St and Waterloo Quadrant, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Excellent 5 day stay
- Loved the Hyatt!
- Nice Hotel for the Price
83 Symonds Street, Auckland | 5 star hotelfrom $146
- Excellent Hotel
71 Mayoral Drive, Auckland | 5 star hotelfrom $110
- Great hotel
- Great location. Excellent service!
- Great Value for money !!!
90 Federal St, Auckland | 5 star hotelfrom $147
- Helpful Staff
- International quality heaven in Auckland
- Visa problems
Corner Victoria & Federal Streets, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $118
22 - 26 Albert Street, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Great view - terrible service
- Fantastic hotel, excellent service! A true 5* gem!
- **Well appointed & luxurious**
2 Grey St, Wellington | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- OK but some real problems
- Make sure you have a view !!
- Disappointing and soul-less
171 Queen St, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $142
- Best Concierge
- Okay for a quick visit.
9 - 17 Byron Ave, Takapuna | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Awesome Hotel! Highly Recommended!!!
- Terrific choice
2 Ascot Road, Airport Oaks, Mangere | 3 star hotelfrom $105
10 Waterloo Quadrant, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $94
- Thank goodness!
- Cool hotel and excellent value for money
1000 Eruera Street, Rotorua | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Great hotel
- Great deal in best location, right by the lake!
- Enjoyable stay
Corner Eruera & Hinemaru Streets, P.O. Box 1044, Rotorua | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Ok hotel -- don't expect any frills
- Very Average
- Good value for money
10 Tryon Street, P.O. Box 6220, Rotorua | 3 star hotelfrom $81
Lake End Tutanekai Street, Rotorua | 4 star hotelfrom $105
- Good Value Stay In Central Rotorua
- The nicest hotel in Rotorua
- Better than expected for a Novotel
153 Featherston Street, Wellington | 3 star hotelfrom $82
8 Customs Street, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $92
59 Federal Street, Cnr Kingston Street, Auckland | 3 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay for a night
- Horrible bathroom
- Would not return to this hotel
Corner of Kirkbride & Ascot Roads, Mangere | 3 star hotelfrom $90
7 Alma Street, Hamilton | 4 star hotelfrom $120
170 Wakefield Street, Wellington | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Club Class not worth the extra money!
- Great location but nothing to write home about
- Good location, otherwise nothing special
21 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Lighter Quay, Auckland | Hotel
- Genau, was man von einem Westin erwarten würde!
- Great Westin foundations..but with opening jitters!
- Ausgefallen, aber schön
196 - 200 Quay Street, Auckland | 3 star hotelfrom $81
147 Quay Street, Auckland | 4 star hotelfrom $248
- Hated it!
- Beatiful and fun
- Super views and location