Westglow Resort & Spa
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Continental Breakfast
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Swimming pool
- Room service
- Fitness/Health center
TripAdvisor Reviews Westglow Resort & Spa Blowing Rock
Travel Blogs from Blowing Rock
... and danger, house-raising and romance, the ties that bind the Stuart family and the small pioneer community grow. Despite his conflicted feelings of loyalty to the Crown, Dr. Stuart finds himself a respected leader in this hidden mountain community.Daniel Boone steps in and out of the story as character and character/narrator, helping guide Dr. Stuart’s transformation into a free thinker and bona fide mountain man.The doctor’s aid ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
... home of Thomas Jefferson (18011809) and two other U.S. Presidents, James Madison (1809-1817) and James Monroe (1817-1825). The home of Thomas Jefferson is open to the public and is in beautiful grounds called Monticello. It was here that Thomas Jefferson wrote the original Declaration of Independence (so you can imagine the crowds there today). We also visited the Jefferson Winery (but weren't impressed with the wines), and the home of James Monroe which is just a small farm house ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...