Travel Blogs from Birmingham
Travelled from Edinburgh to Warwick. Visited Warwick Castle and Ann Hathaways birthplace. Ann Hathaway was the wife of William Shakespeare. She was 10 years older than him. Stayed at the Hilton hotel and had our farewell dinner. I ended up with laringytis and ...
... housed and shops. Much has been made of the fact that William Shakespeare was born, married and died here. Ron and I took a pleasant walk along lanes and past quaint cottages to Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage and garden - Anne was Shakespeare's wife and the Hathaway's lived in the cottage for 13 generations. A very well preserved and maintained building with great examples of 14th and 15th century furniture, including the bed Anne slept in when she lived ...
... that Birmingham was the best option! So we took the train up and spent the night. We vaguely remembered B'ham as pretty boring and with not a lot to see, but on revisiting we were actually impressed by the buildings and the sights. There are some quite pretty things to see and some amazing architecture! I particularly like the town centre with little rivulets in the sidewalks where the rain pools and travels down the ...
... explore before moving on to the next city. We had no schedule and no plans. When doing noting got boring, which I must admit was rather quickly, I started searching the Swiss job market, just to get a feel of what jobs are in demand and what job aren't. Lunch time rolled around and we didn't know what we were allowed to eat in the house as tomorrow is Leandra's Aunts pasta birthday party. I'm pretty excited about it. So we did what we normally do just wing it. Which means ...
My..... (insert preferred adjective (journey, travels, adventure, early life crisis, escape, search for nirvana, quest for enlightenment, year of sexual enrichment, sabbatical) began like many in an airport, Birmingham International Airport to be exact. Not to bore you with the eccentricities of air travel, but armed with a ticket with China Southern Airlines, and my good friend Hal, ...
Other places to stay in Birmingham
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $74
- Ok.... At The Right Price....
- Food OK --- otherwise poor value
- Not bad
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $85
- What a view!
- Not That Good !!!
- Depends what you are there for
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Adequate, but tired decor and noisy
- Usual great service at the crowne plaza......
- Shabby and tired
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- London, Dublin, ... Birmingham!
- Classy hotel.
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Big hotel brand, big disappointment
- The good, the bad, and the ugly
Nechells, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Okay hotel, Awful area
- Cheap, but not really good value for money
- It's Chavtastic!
Pendigo Way, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great hotel!
- Great location, ridiculous prices! £16.00 for breakfast!
- Nice and comfortable
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $66
Coventry Road, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $69
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Doesn't justify its 4 stars
- Good value hotel
- Depends on the price!
Lozells and East Handsworth, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $86
- Great value for money!!!!!!!!
- Rooms spoiled an otherwise good hotel
- Very modern - a nice change!
Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Thumbs up for Mariott Forest of Arden !!
- Very relaxing and comfortable hotel
- Great for families
Bickenhill Parkway, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $79
Bournville, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $63
- Better off in a coffin
- Expected worse...
- Consenus opinion is: Awful Hotel
Chapel Lane, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $64
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- Booking a twin room
- Loved the hotel
Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $68
Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- A nice place to stay...if you avoid the staff!
- Good - if thats what you are after
- THe worst stay in my life
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Nice & pleasent
- Brill weekend
- Very Good
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Give it a miss
- Don't stay here!
- Mrs Sandhu owns the hotel
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $63
- Mediocre city hotel claiming four stars
- Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at....
- Really very bad, should be 1 star at best
Ladywood, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Good value
- Quiet and cool
- First choice budget hotel in Birmingham City Centre
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Nechells, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $118
243 Hagley Rd, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- OK - better than the Quality Hotel!
- Apollo Hotel Motel
- A blast from the past!