Travel Blogs from Birmingham
... To do this we need many things, not least of which is a strong dependable workhorse to get us around and arguably no better vehicle exists for this than a Toyota Land Cruiser 80 series. So, here's a picture of our latest acquisition. It's nearly 20 years old and has done nearly 167,000 miles and still going strong. It's in standard shape right now and will be base lined for a long trip and have few modifications to ...
... seen by the early-birds as they went through a series of hilarious Mexican-style covers of songs by Status Quo, Joan Jett and better still, The Human League. Mariachi “Don’t You Want Me” was my highlight, anyway.
David Sanders, HE IS A PEGASUS, Nina Baker and Batsch all followed, mainly local talent that helped to make for a very relaxed afternoon with most people lust lazing around and enjoying the summer weather. We felt ...
... indie rock band who have been on the scene for years and have done pretty well, with a new album “TV en Francais” this year were the penultimate act on the stage. I didn’t mind their stuff at all. I would have enjoyed it more, perhaps, had I spent some time listening to their music before the festival but time is always precious and I’d spent some of it revising Buzzcocks. Pleasant enough in the late evening sun and definitely not lacking energy.
We're off to the Shrewsbury Museum; a good way to spend time on a rainy afternoon. The museum takes the visitor from prehistoric times through Roman and Norman conquests; the ups and downs of the wool trade to the present. We were treated to the story of the “Corbet Bed 1593 reproduction project” by a delightful docent who worked on the ...
... of saying bye to all of my family and friends!
It's such a weird feeling getting really excited about my big adventure but also nervous at the thought of unknown.
When all of my stuff is ready to be packed i will post a blog showing you what I'm taking for our 6 month trip. I wish i can bring my whole wardrobe with me and straighteners but ben wont let me sneak it into his ...
Other places to stay in Birmingham
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $74
- Ok.... At The Right Price....
- Food OK --- otherwise poor value
- Not bad
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $85
- What a view!
- Not That Good !!!
- Depends what you are there for
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Adequate, but tired decor and noisy
- Usual great service at the crowne plaza......
- Shabby and tired
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- London, Dublin, ... Birmingham!
- Classy hotel.
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Big hotel brand, big disappointment
- The good, the bad, and the ugly
Nechells, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Okay hotel, Awful area
- Cheap, but not really good value for money
- It's Chavtastic!
Pendigo Way, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great hotel!
- Great location, ridiculous prices! £16.00 for breakfast!
- Nice and comfortable
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $66
Coventry Road, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $69
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Doesn't justify its 4 stars
- Good value hotel
- Depends on the price!
Lozells and East Handsworth, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $86
- Great value for money!!!!!!!!
- Rooms spoiled an otherwise good hotel
- Very modern - a nice change!
Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Thumbs up for Mariott Forest of Arden !!
- Very relaxing and comfortable hotel
- Great for families
Bickenhill Parkway, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $79
Bournville, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $63
- Better off in a coffin
- Expected worse...
- Consenus opinion is: Awful Hotel
Chapel Lane, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $64
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- Booking a twin room
- Loved the hotel
Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $68
Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- A nice place to stay...if you avoid the staff!
- Good - if thats what you are after
- THe worst stay in my life
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Nice & pleasent
- Brill weekend
- Very Good
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Give it a miss
- Don't stay here!
- Mrs Sandhu owns the hotel
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $63
- Mediocre city hotel claiming four stars
- Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at....
- Really very bad, should be 1 star at best
Ladywood, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Good value
- Quiet and cool
- First choice budget hotel in Birmingham City Centre
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Nechells, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $118
243 Hagley Rd, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- OK - better than the Quality Hotel!
- Apollo Hotel Motel
- A blast from the past!