Wallowa Lake Lodge
Photos of Wallowa Lake Lodge
TripAdvisor Reviews Wallowa Lake Lodge Joseph
Travel Blogs from Joseph
... li>It may sound odd to go out of your way to go to a graveyard, but we found value in what we knew we would be learning.
- Pulled into Mountain View Motel and RV Park at 11:30 PM.
- Both of us were exhausted from a long day of driving, but we felt accomplished nonetheless because we were back on track for our original plan.
- The RV park charges only $30 a night during the winter.
- It had a very woodsy vibe to it.
- Didn't waste any time going to bed.
- We decided to get gas in the morning when we were refreshed from a good night's ...
... and the necessary negotiations completed about what the day's agenda would be (where is Vince Ready when you need him) we took Jeff's car and headed for Hell's Canyon. the first of the Seven Wonders. Absolutely breathtaking - the deepest gorge in North America, with the Snake River at the bottom. There is a circular scenic byway that parallels the gorge and at the core of the byway are the Wallowa Mountains ...
... is roughly 8 hours away, so I may be a bit pressed. But if it turns out that I can't visit Heaven's Gate tomorrow, that just gives me a reason to return to this beautiful place someday, and I have no problem with that.
My playlist today was more on the classical side: Liszt's symphonic poems 1-3, 5 and 6, Bach's The Art of Fugue, and Ravi Shankar's Bridges. I already know what I'm listening to tomorrow, but I won't give it away just yet!
... steep roads. In an effort to just stay out of the firefighter's way and not cause trouble, we accepted that the Hat Point overlook, the one providing the most beautiful of all views of the canyon was ruled out. The major agenda item for the day was being a part of the Tamaliks Indian Celebration in Wallowa, southwest of Joseph. We had chosen Sunday, the last day of the ...