Wall Street Inn
Travel Blogs from Seattle
Today was bike riding day. We discovered yesterday that the nearby Recycled Cycles shop did not hire bikes but their other store, 2 miles down the road did, so we hopped on a bus to the other store.
Unlike New York City, here helmet wearing is compulsory. Instead of hiring by the hour as we had assumed, you had to hire them for the full day. We were allocated bikes and off we headed to the nearest bicycle trail, the busiest in Seattle. Bike riding ...
... made things crowded and hard to see. After the aquarium we wandered looking for a lunch spot. We went to the market for fish but the lines were long and it was super crowded with no where to sit and eat. We headed up the block and then the rain began! Not a little rain but a lot of rain! We settled on a place we could actually sit down and without much of a wait so we did the chain thing and went to Hard ...
... playing the guitar is like 20x more fun when it’s really loud.
I didn’t have a lot of time in there because they were about to close, but I
played some Cranberries and also Scorpions. I really regret not having a little
more time in there to do that, but what little time I did have in there was
When the EMP closed, I walked over to the International
Fountain, which is this big dome-shaped fountain with many ...
... All that work got us hungry again so we got oysters at Local 360.
Happy hours drinks were at a speakeasy called Knee High Stocking Company where we met Megan and Jeanine. Cocktails were decent, ambiance needed some work. Megan told us to visit the Starbucks before dinner but we were hesitant: Starbucks. What?! However, it was pretty cool: the ceilings were expansive. You could watch the entire process of coffee roasting.
The best part of our day ...
... from just walking a 10-block round trip back to our hotel.
We have been here in sunny Seattle for three weeks and seem to have timed our visit perfectly with an extended heatwave. Temperatures here have climbed to over 30C / 90F each day, with no clouds in sight. I suppose it's great training for Sydney. As usual, we've compiled our list of favourite restos while here for any upcoming visits. We got a chance to sample some of the suggestions ...
Other places to stay in Seattle
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $240
- Loved it!
- Wrong Room Key at the Westin
- Smoke, Smoke and more Smoke...
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $201
- Nice touch from the Sheraton
- This is a great place to stay!
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $231
- Dark and Cold are four letter words for me
- Great Contemporary Atmosphere
- A great business hotel
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $217
- Comfortable Stay for Our Family of 4
- Great Experience
- Spacious, Clean room, good location
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $228
- Great location, great rooms, great hotel!
- Great week
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $223
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $155
- Old Doubletree in Seattle
- Additional Parking Fee!!!
- Pay for what you get...
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Worst Restaurant I have EVER dined in
- Nice airport hotel
- Excellent hotel, great choice for business travellers
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hot Water Would Have Been Nice
- Nice place, great location
- Very comfortable
Downtown, Seattle | 2 star hotelfrom $219
- Not what we'd expected
- Best staff on earth!!!!!
- Nice hotel with big rooms.
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Seamless transition to Fairmont
- A must stay
- Weekend at the Fairmont (June 4-6)
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Interesting Marriott Property
- Tired and Disappointing
- Kind of worn out!
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $281
- Seattle Marriot 4eva
- FAR Exceeded Expectations
- New Hotel, friendly, efficient staff
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $155
Belltown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Staying there again next trip to Seattle
- The Edgewater made our vacation!!!
South-Lake Union, Seattle | 2 star hotelfrom $187
- A good value in Seattle
- Best Value for Budget Hotel
- Great deal
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $219
- Good Location
- HONEYMOON WITHOUT THE HONEY
Downtown, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $206
- Good location
- Awful Hotel
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $449
Seattle Center, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $219
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $137
- Walk to the airport from this gem.
- Don't Waste Your Time
- Finally, a decent airport hotel
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $220
Belltown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $263
- This is NOT a four star hotel!!!
- Fine, but only at the introductory half-price rate
Tukwila Urban Center, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $143
South-Lake Union, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $187
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 2 star hotelfrom $108