Walawa Safari Village
Travel Blogs from Uda Walawe National Park
... up at 5:00 to leave at 5:30 for our full day safari...Waking up the girls is no easy thing but finally manage to be all ready at 5:00..we get packed breakfasts and lunches for everybody and are on our way. Michael is super excited (he has been waiting for this since the beginning of the trip!) and keep telling everybody to look outside, look outside (as if there was anything else to do in the jeep, hihi!!). We get to see quite a lot of animals : lots and lots of elephants ...
... Gap to coastal plain .
A hot drive back on the flat. Arrived Uda Walawe National Park at around 2.
T keeping down liquids but v tired.
Safari in jeep for the next 3 hrs. Grassland and low shrub with some big trees. Saw lots of elephants, wild buffalo , mongoose , jackal and macaques plus a fleeting giant squirrel. Also a huge number of birds.
Plus some nice flowering plants - hibiscus, flame tree , mahonia , ...
... you”. Its a gorgeous temple in a big rock.
We then stopped at Rawana waterfall where locals were trying to sell us some sort of quartzy looking rock (as Troy describes it). We then headed into Ella and checked into Ambience hotel (one we picked not Raj). Our room has the amazing views of Ella Gap which has the beautiful views of Little Adam Mountain and Rawana Waterfall and stunning tea plantations. 54,000 rupee inc breakfast is not bad. ...
This was the wedding.
- Toured city, led by Thomas
- I got ridiculously drunk on vodka with Charlotte
- Borrowed a suit from Burnd
- Sat waiting for wedding to begin with only Charlotte for company
- Whole wedding in Polish
- Reception, still too hungover to do much but food was amazing
- Got over drunkedness and went everywhere, getting pictures with ...
... out with communication difficulties.
- Going to the nearby 24hour bar-cafe with the nice Polish guy because there was nothing else open and the first bus to the border was at 6something.
- Finding a nice English-speaking Ukrainian girl who was going to Krakow.
- Spending almost all night in the 24hour bar-cafe drinking coffee after coffee.
- Getting kicked out ...