Wabe Shebelle Goba
Travel Blogs from Goba
Today we hiked out from our 3rd cabin back into the "big city" of Dodola. We started the day from our chilly hut, with bellies full of porridge and peanut butter or porridge and honey, and climbed back on the horses. We had been spoiled again with our cook's work, and rose to breakfast already made and hot, with mugs of steaming tea and a plate of toasted bread to accompany the meal. The sun was shining, which was a welcome change, and ...
Has anyone read the children's book "Wump World"? Or anything by Dr Seuss? If so, look at the illustrations. That is the crazy, bizarre, beautiful landscape we hiked through today! We walked through short trees with tall, puffy heads. Tuffets of the greenest green clover that you have ever seen. Short, scrubby bushes that were almost blue with thorns. Tall flowers that erupt from thick, lush green leaves into one spike of red, orange, yellow and ...
Off we go, into the wilds!
1. Bryn rides her first horse
2. The Garden of Eden
3. So, this is the rainy season!
4. Hut #1
1. Bryn had never ridden a horse before. Bryn got on the horse. Bryn, and everyone else, started trotting, then cantering, then GALLOPING. Bryn got saddle sore really fast. The end. No, not really the end. But that is the basics of the day. I had never been on a horse, unless you count ...
Day 2 in Ethiopia, and quite a busy day!
1. Met our driver and started out
2. LONG road to Dodola
3. Bale Trek
4. Wonderful Germans!!!
1. Our driver arrived at 8am as promised, which surprised us a bit- we were not sure whether punctuality was something to expect here in Ethiopia or not? He spoke a little English, which was helpful, and the young man who had helped arrange the driver in the first place was there with us as well. ...
... them. As soon as we got to Joe's place, she went and changed, while he went through her bag, killing a number of the unwanted passengers.
Like I said, he is a volunteer ...