How has this hotel rated in the past?
Photos of Virginian Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Virginian Hotel Medicine Bow
Travel Blogs from Medicine Bow
- Woke up super early at 5:00 and left for Cheyenne
- Skipped breakfast because i just simply forgot
- Took roughly 3 and a half hours to get here
- Potty breaks were at an all time low
- Visted Medicine Bow National Forest
- Also got to check out Fort Collins
- Wasn't Hungry today for some reason
- Due to ignorance i forgot to book a hotel so I'm spending the night in my car
- We liked the scenery and area so much that we decided to stay here for a couple days.
- In these days we stayed here we hiked many areas.
- The amount of wildlife we saw was immense.
- Deer and elk were almost everywhere.
- As an avid hunter it was beautiful to see all of the wildlife.
Medicine Bow National Forest is one of the most spectacular places I've ever been to. The views of mountains topping over 12,000 feet is amazing. At one point we were above the tree line and we could see the many different trees and their different hues of green accenting the bright blue water. It was an awesome experience and I would love to go back and see it again some day.
- It is now 1:44 in the morning and we are running low on gas so we fill up in Sinclair Wyoming.
- We grab coffee and a couple of some extremely unhealthy red bulls.
- Gas Cost: $44.28
- Drink Cost: Best $7 ever spent.
... to Laramie. We went to the "History of Prisons in Wyoming" museum in Laramie, which was surprisingly interesting, but the town was not impressive. So, we kept driving.
We ended up at a Bed and Breakfast in Elk Mountain, WY....about 350 miles for the day. (We could not find any campgrounds for another 50 miles.) We had a nicer dinner, met and drank with a British couple "on holiday", and retired to our rooms for the evening.