Travel Blogs from Birmingham
We woke to very heavy rain which didn't stop till about midday so we decided to stay put. Mid afternoon, the sky was full of very heavy cloud with the odd bit of sun and we thought we would go further on. While getting the boat ready we realised just how strong the wind was, so we stayed put till morning.
We set off quite early for us and the water was fairly still. The wind had dropped considerably. We set off ...
Off we go into town with oz to make sure they got from moore street to new street. Two cathedrals, two towers, 275 in york....325 in durham Viking tour done, sherry in the room....johnnie walker for lunch. Up and out today.... Cotswolds, roman villas, tourists, chocolate box pictures. The wind is ...
... movies, have a couple of nice feeds, doze for about half an hour and then its touchdown time at KLIA around 7:00am local time. I say goodbye to Col and Gill as they will be catching the onward flight to Brisbane around 10:15 and after gathering my bags - and not even seeing any customs area - catch the KLIA express train into KL Sentral. From there its only a short walk to my hotel.
... muddy) as they need to pack everything tonight for their trip home. Looking skywards as we head off at 9:30, it would seem they will get their wish.
We are leaving early (for a 1:30 game) as Stirling wishes to show us the National Memorial Aboretum, a national site of remembrance at Alrewas. The Arboretum, on approximately 150 acres of old gravel workings, contains over 50,000 trees, with more being added each year. There are nearly 300 memorials ...
Me and Brin made it safe and sound to the airport, definitely both feeling nervous and excited at the same time! Feeling sorry for Brin already - my hat blew away before we even got in the terminal (much to my distress) and then apparently it looked like I had a bomb in my hand luggage, so got searched and emptied by 5 people with special bomb detectors. Was pretty amusing to see them sort through my ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Villanova Hotel Birmingham
Other places to stay in Birmingham
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $74
- Ok.... At The Right Price....
- Food OK --- otherwise poor value
- Not bad
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $85
- What a view!
- Not That Good !!!
- Depends what you are there for
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Adequate, but tired decor and noisy
- Usual great service at the crowne plaza......
- Shabby and tired
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- London, Dublin, ... Birmingham!
- Classy hotel.
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Big hotel brand, big disappointment
- The good, the bad, and the ugly
Nechells, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Okay hotel, Awful area
- Cheap, but not really good value for money
- It's Chavtastic!
Pendigo Way, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great hotel!
- Great location, ridiculous prices! £16.00 for breakfast!
- Nice and comfortable
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $66
Coventry Road, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $69
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Doesn't justify its 4 stars
- Good value hotel
- Depends on the price!
Lozells and East Handsworth, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $86
- Great value for money!!!!!!!!
- Rooms spoiled an otherwise good hotel
- Very modern - a nice change!
Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Thumbs up for Mariott Forest of Arden !!
- Very relaxing and comfortable hotel
- Great for families
Bickenhill Parkway, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $79
Bournville, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $63
- Better off in a coffin
- Expected worse...
- Consenus opinion is: Awful Hotel
Chapel Lane, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $64
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- Booking a twin room
- Loved the hotel
Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $68
Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- A nice place to stay...if you avoid the staff!
- Good - if thats what you are after
- THe worst stay in my life
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Nice & pleasent
- Brill weekend
- Very Good
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Give it a miss
- Don't stay here!
- Mrs Sandhu owns the hotel
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $63
- Mediocre city hotel claiming four stars
- Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at....
- Really very bad, should be 1 star at best
Ladywood, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Good value
- Quiet and cool
- First choice budget hotel in Birmingham City Centre
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Nechells, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $118
243 Hagley Rd, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- OK - better than the Quality Hotel!
- Apollo Hotel Motel
- A blast from the past!