Travel Blogs from Quebec
... to get there but the hike was spectacular. We did about 8.4 kilometers with the first have ascending for the entire time. Highlights were a mountain lake 1/2 way up which was gorgeous and the top which had a remarkable 360 degree view of mountains in all directions. It was a clear day and we could see for miles. The kids did great with the hike -- though everyone was sore the next day. On the way back we stopped at Chocolat Favoris for one ...
Only a short drive from the city is the beautiful Valle de la Jacques Cartier where I hike the Les Loups (the wolves) trail for a stunning view over the forest and the river below. In the evening we head to Mathieu's brothers apartment in the lower old town for dinner and drinks on the roof top before going to see Guns and Roses perform on les plaines ...
Started the day as usual with a quiet breakfast in the hotel. The day was perfect with blue skies and no snow. But it was cold (-6). We took off about mid morning and wound our way back to the markets we discovered earlier in the week hoping there may be a few more stalls open being the weekend. We were right. Here we savoured some Saskatoon berry liqueur and purchased a small bottle to enjoy later that night. Also we indulged in some ...
... past the flowery brook, into the rhododendrons (not flowering), through the first nations garden into the Japanese garden ... yeah you get it, it's a huge place and lots to see - in the drizzle!
As we missed each other yesterday, Miebaka and I are trying again today. We had agreed 4pm at Beaudry metro station. I'm late but Miebaka is still waiting. We go for a walk along a street lined with pink babbles ... we're in The Village (not that Miebaka had realised ...
Here it is, finally my vacation that I've been waiting for: Visit Beijing, the capital of china and discover the mysterious Tibet. Funny that I still didn't realize that i'm departing as of tomorrow (i.e. in a few hours)! You can follow my journey along this blog and accompany me as I travel at the other side of the world! ...
Other places to stay in Quebec
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
2440 Autoroute des Laurentides, Laval | 3 star hotelfrom $142
District de Hull, Gatineau | 3 star hotelfrom $109
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $155
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $133
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
6700 Trans Canada Hwy, Pointe Claire | 3 star hotelfrom $129
Downtown Quebec City, Quebec City | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Mediocre service and the mattresses are a nightmare!
- Service mediocre, location good
- Great in every way except a/c
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $162
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $114
Downtown Quebec City, Quebec City | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- If this is the best hotel in Quebec, that's troublesome...
- Good location/great price
- Fine Hotel near the Old City
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
La Cite, Quebec City | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- Perfect Hotel!!
- So Romantic!
- Wonderful experience!
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $136
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
La Cite, Quebec City | 4 star hotelfrom $207
- Not worth it!
- The Chateau Frontenac never disappoints!
- Five star it was not!
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $179
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
District Saint - Raymond - Vanier, Gatineau | 5 star hotelfrom $186
181 rue Richelieu, La Malbaie | 4 star hotelfrom $171
3045 Chemin de la Chapelle, Mont Tremblant | 4 star hotelfrom $187
- Great if you can get the View
- Great stay!
- Understated and elegant
La Cite, Quebec City | 4 star hotelfrom $133
- Rude Doorman
- Damaged car while valet parking... still waiting to be paid
- A good choice - if you dont mind walking!
1200 Johnson St., Saint Hyacinthe | 3 star hotelfrom $106
Chomedey, Laval | 3 star hotelfrom $122
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $121
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $129
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance