Travel Blogs from Paris
As we were getting ready Thursday morning, we decided to put off the
Eiffel tower till the next day and we were going to see the Moulin Rouge on our way into the city. We went and got
some croissants from the bakery close by and we walked to the metro. We
only had to go a few metro stops and there it was. It wasn't as big or
After only a few hours of sleep, my alarm went off, and we began our day. We got up at 3am, checked out by 3:30 and walked
down the street about 10 minutes to the aircoach stop that would take us
to the airport. We had to wait about 20 minutes for it to arrive so we
stopped at a little store that was open, and had something to eat < …
... 8217;s square behind the church called Montmartre. The sun had set already (it sets around 4:30pm) and the square was beautifully decorated with lights for the winter holidays.
We walked around and enjoyed several art galleries, and watched some artists draw beautiful caricatures of people. Soon we grew hungry and found a cute little place called Au Petit Comptoir that I remembered from my previous visit. We sat down and a boisterous ...
... to go. She'll be Ok on her own in years to come. Victoria, on the other hand, is likely to get herself lost and run over while looking around. Cameron will be safe, do the right things and be careful not to cause any embarrassing moments, like his mother does, taking photos at all the wrong times!
In the taxi to the apartment, we drove through a narrow archway through to a courtyard and suddenly saw the Louvre pyramid! That was a ...
... the river to the Trocadero gardens and enjoyed our treat as we sat on the lawn looking at the tower. We got back on the boat and back to our starting point to catch the late afternoon sun on the grand facade of the Notre Dame. Before we left this island in the middle of the Seine we came across five jazz musicians busking on a closed off bridge, perfect end to an autumn ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
TravelPod Member ReviewsHotel Viator Paris
- Very close to the busy Gare-de-Lyon Train Station which connects multiple countries through various trains and also local Paris Metros.
- Middle of an exciting lively neighborhood with plenty of places to eat and hang around.
- Room on the 7th Floor had a nice view of the surroundings.
- Nice bathroom facilities too.
- Free Wi-fi facilities were good.
- Room was very small as compared to other standard rooms across Europe.
- Elevator reaches only up to the 6th Floor, and have to carry the bags on your own one more level up to the room.
- Breakfast was not included, so have no idea about it.
Overall a decent place to stay for getting easy and quick across to all the major sites and travel purposes through Gare-de-Lyon station.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.