Travel Blogs from Denver
... have been in the same house since we lived in Denver from 1977 to 1986. I have many found memories of parties there and all the good times my parents used to have there while brad and I and other kids used to hang out downstairs, outside and in their games room. I always called it the crooked house growing up because it is a very unique architect custom built house with lots of levels, tri-angled roof and rooms jetting off to one side or another.
Zach woke up crying ...
... to do if we meet a bear or a mountain lion - look tall (hmmm not easy for me), make a lot of noise and if it attacks you, fight back!!!! I'm pretty sure I know who'd win that fight. There are also various diseases you can get from tics, so it's best to cover up. So, I headed to H&M and bought a shirt and hat. There ain't gonna be no tics on me!!! Came back to Motel and used the pool and whirlpool. Going to stop in tonight I think and get some food delivered to the ...
... good. We went to Red Rocks instead. For those of you who don't know, Red Rocks is an outdoor music venue with a bunch of hiking trails around it. On the weekends, fit Colorado peeps flock to this venue to perform feats of strength. Naturally we got dressed in our work out gear, strapped on our respective asics, and packed a cooler full of sandwiches, chips, and beer. Shauna worked out but that doesn't count because she's from New Hampshire ...
... No, they aren't on the edge of your seat page turners but wonderful stories to read during Christmas.
Music and books kept us pretty entertained for most of the trip. The girls were just happy to not be studying. When we reached Colorado Springs, we searched for a resaurant we had read about online - Edelweiss German Restaurant. We didn't know anything about it but it sounded great so we decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did!! ...
... is vanilla, and caramel (don’t forget to say it ‘carr-mal’). I take a deep breath and request original, thank you. Inside I want to scream – seriously – how hard does it have to be to buy a latte?? Of course my latte is barely drinkable swill... I’m done, get me out of this place!! *Apologies for my intolerance but this is how I was feeling at the time!* Getting back on the road, I can’t get in contact with Dad, it’s too ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Venture Inn Denver
Other places to stay in Denver
Downtown, Denver | 4 star hotelfrom $146
Downtown, Denver | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Don't waste your money.
- Renaissance Good Choice
- Better than most on Quebec
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotel
- Newly renovated - great stay!
- Great location
- A Nice Mini Vacation from a local
Downtown Denver, Denver | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Go further than two blocks...
- The best hotel downtown
- Heavenly Beds...now can we get something going in the Mall?
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $133
- Great location!
- Great location, pleasant hotel
- Yes! Amazing deal in downtown Denver!!!!
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $101
- Would NEVER stay there again
- Good location (for us), could be a much better experience
- Loved The Radisson
Cherry Creek, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Great Hotel, Nice area
- Strip club is close by!
- Nicest Holiday Inn that I have ever seen.
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $134
- Good Location But Needs Fine Tuning
- Brand new Boutique Hotel
- Lovin The Curtis
Downtown, Denver | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Great Hotel
- The hotel was overbooked!
- Excellent, Clean, and Crisp
Downtown, Denver | 4 star hotelfrom $120
- Excellent central location
- Great place for the price
- Very pleased
Southeast Denver, Denver | 4 star hotelfrom $108
- Very Nice
- GREAT hotel!
- Hyatt best pool and breakfast buffet around
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $101
- Great Place to Stay in the Middle of No Where
- Poor Management, Poor Housekeeping
- Good hotel - Not Close to Anything
Denver Central, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $89
- Very Friendly Staff
- Great for what we wanted
- Three star it's not
Northeast, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $101
- This place is a pit
- Too many problems - cannot recommend
- Be prepared to argue
Downtown, Denver | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- Great sleep and nice work out facilites
- Nice weekend
- Great Location & Staff!
Tech Center/Littleton, Denver | 4 star hotelfrom $100
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $163
- Nice hotel, friendly staff
- Decent, but don't expect much!
- Our favorite hotel in the States
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved the Hotel
- Great hotel, great value
- Excellent, classic hotel.
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $126
Downtown, Denver | 2 star hotelfrom $116
- Decent Budget Hotel
- Great Hotel in a beautiful city
- Comfortable Downtown Location!
Denver Central, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Staff fantastico!!!!
- Better places to stay
- Major Renovations
Downtown, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Residence Inn Downtown Denver ROCKS!
- I loved this hotel!
- Great in many ways!
Downtown, Denver | 5 star hotelfrom $237
- Resting on its laurels is NOT enough....
- Would NOT go back........
Hampden, Denver | 3 star hotelfrom $100
Central Business District, Denver | 5 star hotelfrom $306