Var Hotel Athens
Travel Blogs from Athens
... aahh, I miss Cuba so much. Noise, amazing Habana and the old-time charm of Trinidad
4. Brazil - such a fun and sun filled journey. Amazing Rio, unexpected Paraty and virgin beauty Ilha Grande, cannot honestly pick my favorite
5. Peru - Machu Picchu, Cusco, Nasca, Amazonia, Lake Titikaka... A country full of wonders
1. Morocco - mysterious and charming, city and desert, balanced into one
2. Tunisia - African ...
... taken by the smaller and more detailed Acroplis. We got to walk around the structure with very few people around and really got to enjoy the moment. This was a huge bucket list item for Don and he also says that the Acropolis was a pretty big moment for him. The historical and mythological significance that this area had to Greece is pretty unreal and I don't think it will fully sink in that were here standing at the steps of such important parts of ...
... civilisation. That in itself was interesting. Did you know they were the first people to create an alphabet with vowels? How interesting is that? They borrowed off the Phoenician script(they only had consonants) and named the alphabet after them. The word phonetics comes from that word today.To top if off, their sculpture of the human form influenced the renaissance greats! It was overwhelming to see the beginnings of such, in a museum.
They even had a room full ...
... shocked. These were obviously not meant to be shots. In fact this shot sized glass was meant to last us a good 15 minutes. This was because what I had just ingested was poison. Now, of course all alcohol is poison, but this was extraordinary poison. Every inch of my throat was burning and my eyes watered immediately. Again, our waitress could not have been more shocked. She immediately brought us more beer to wash down the taste that seemed to be carving its name into ...
... from Sicily. We encountered some wind and a rain squall approaching from the land, but were not hampered by the swirling currents of the sometimes whirlpool, which may have given rise to the myths surrounding Scylla and Charybdis. We awoke the next morning to find our ship cruising slowly down the Gulf of Corinth separating the Peloponesse Peninsula from Central Greece. Our destination that day was the town of Itea to take our tour of Delphi on the slopes of Mt. ...
Other places to stay in Athens
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $106
- Awful Service, Average Hotel
- Great base for Athens
Neos Kosmos, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful Hotel - an oasis of calm compared to the heat and chaos of the city
- Very Nice Place
- The most immaculate hotel ever
1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $163
- Best in Athens
- One word: Superb
????? 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Horrible rooms and breakfast
- Good location, Small clean rooms
- Nice Value
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $81
Αθήνα 2, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $125
- Nice, but......
- AWESOME stay
- Location, location, location
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Rich Opulence Details
- The Absolute Best!
Παλαιού Φαλήρου, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $103
- A Cruise/Conference Hotel
- Big Hotel
- Good Hotel, Nice breakfast and toiletteries
Circle - IX, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $12
- This hotel is super, and I know what I talk about
- Greco Imperial OK, No local flavor
- Dissapointed-definetely not a 5 star hotel.
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Convenient location next to the Metro
- Want a rooftop pool in Athens?
- Great place to stay
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Ζωγράφου, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Enjoyed the stay
- Great Rooftop Pool
- Una maravilla de piscina
Makriyanni, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- 3 blocks from acropolis--great location
- Best Part of this hotel was the bartender, Fotis
- Close to Acropolis, but average hotel
Αθήνα 7, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $104
Kolonaki, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Would not stay here again
- Oh what a hill...
- Good location in Athens, nice 4/5* hotel
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- Enjoyed my stay....
- Quite Impressed! Really Enjoyed Our Stay
- There is no rooftop pool!!
Αθήνα 6, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $46
Omonia Square, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $68
- Arachnophopbes beware
- Was very pleasantly surprised
- Dorian was good
Omonia Square, Athens | 3 star hotelfrom $52
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Terrible Hotel
- The Worst Customer Service EVER!
- No es un cinco estrellas
Syntagma Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $134
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $116
Syntagma Square, Athens | 5 star hotelfrom $166
- Excellant hotel
- Great Value and Wonderful Location
- Incredibly Perfect Location - Luxurious & Fun
Αθήνα 1, Athens | 2 star hotelfrom $53
Omonia Square, Athens | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Loved this Hip Hotel
- Fresh attitude
- Great for the price