No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Photos of Hotel Urbani
TravelPod Member ReviewsHotel Urbani Turin
A great place to stay in Turin. Lots of places nearby to eat, drink, and be merry! Very clean, staff were so friendly, and a good assortment of breakfast foods.The price was a definite bonus as well!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
Historical Traveler Reviews Hotel Urbani Turin
Buon rapporto qualità/prezzo
I punti a favore:
- Rapporto qualità/prezzo. Questo albergo non pubblica il tariffario sul suo sito internet, ma si può prenotare tramite molti siti. Ho prenotato una doppia uso singola a cinquanta euro (colazione compresa). Provate a trovare di meglio, se ci riuscite! Nota: controllate i prezzi su più siti.
- Posizione: l'albergo è a cento metri dalla stazione ferroviaria di Torino Porta Nuova. Per l'appunto anche la navetta dall'aeroporto scarica passeggeri davanti alla stazione (anche se dal lato opposto rispetto all'albergo). Molto comodo.
I punti a sfavore:
- Mi hanno dato una camera in quella che loro definiscono "dependance". Si tratta di alcune camere dal lato opposto di un piccolo cortile scoperto. La mia era al piano terra ma altre erano al primo piano. Il pavimento era di mattonelle ruvide, la camera lunga ma abbastanza stretta, l'imbiancatura si stava staccando in un paio di punti. Bagno pulito, anche se il lavandino era minuscolo.
Nel complesso poteva essere migliore, diciamo che ho visto tre stelle con camere più belle.
- La colazione è un buffet libero, però quasi tutta la roba è preconfezionata, come altri utenti hanno indicato: saziante ma potrebbe essere migliorata.
Riassumendo: stateci se riuscite ad avere un buon prezzo.
L'ubicazione dell'hotel Urbani è eccellente. È a due minuti a piedi dalla stazione di Torino Porta Nuova e non distante dai negozi e dai luoghi d'interesse turistico. La camera era un po' piccola ma pulita e funzionale. La colazione continentale era compresa ed aveva una buona scelta. Ci tornerei!
séjour du 18 au 20 janvier 2007 (1 couple + 1 single)
Hôtel très bien situé à quelques pas de la Gare Puorta Nova et des stations de Bus. Les chambres n° 102 et 103 ont été rénovées récemment et sont très propres. Le personnel est très accueillant et il parle français. Le petit déjeuner buffet est approvisionné régulièrement, mais la salle n'est pas de grande capacité.
Possibilité de laisser ses bagages près de la réception.
We thought The Urbani was spot on.
Stayed at the Urbani for 5 nights October 2006.
Everything seemed to be new or very clean, probably the after effects of the Winter Olympics. The area, is close to the main station, airport bus and local transport, and very near to the main shopping area, but has a rather bad reputation. It was one time the gathering place for local junkies and rather raddled prostitutes. There is still a little of this to be seen, but there is a Police presence at the nearby synogogue, so it is very well controlled.
We are both in our late 60's and felt very safe just walking around, I think that a lot of the "problem" is racist, as there are many shops, caffes and, groceries and restaurants owned by arabs and other North Africans. But no problems for my wife and I.
The hotel is clean, warm, a standard hotel breakfast, 30 channel t.v. in the room, with at least one channel in English, one in German and one in French. Watching the rest will help to improve your Italian. There is WiFi access but it costs a nominal sum, as does the computer in the lounge. But it is there.
We enjoyed our stay and will return to this hotel when we next visit our friends in Turin.
The location of Hotel Urbani is excellent. Its 2 min walk to Turin P.N. railway station and not far from the shops and tourist attractions. The room was a bit small but clean and functional. Breakfast was included and a very good continental selection. I'd stay here again!
Convenient place to stay!
This hotel is extremely convenient as it is VERY close to Porta Nuovo railway station. The room was very small but very clean and has satelite TV and mini bar. It had a well equiped bathroom with a power shower, hairdryer, shampoo, soap and shower cap.
Breakfast was a plentiful basic buffet style with cheese, hard boiled eggs, ham, jams, croissants, rolls, cereals, some tinned fruit and packets of cakes/biscuits. Unfortunately there is no fruit juice only squash. Coffee is on tap in an urn but is very passable.
The staff were all very helpful.
For the price, 55 euros per night b & b for two people, it was excellent value for money. Ideal place to stay for a short break.
Value for money
- Value for money. This hotel does not post its rates on its website, but you can book via several websites. I got a double for single use at 50 euro (breakfast included). Now beat that!! Note: check more than one website. I found different rates on different websites.
- Location: this hotel is 100 meters from Turin's Porta Nuova train station. Incidentally, also shuttle buses from the airport deposit passengers in front of the station (although on the opposite side from the hotel). Very convenient.
Now for the minuses:
- I got a room in what they call their "dependance". That consists in a few rooms across a small, uncovered courtyard. Mine was on the ground floor, but others were on the first floor. The floor was rough stone tiles, the room was long but rather narrow, wall paint was coming apart in a couple of spots. Clean bathroom, although the sink was tiny.
All in all it could have been better, let's say that I saw more attractive three-star hotel rooms.
- Breakfast is on an all-you-can-eat basis. Most of the stuff is pre-packaged, however, as other posters indicated. Filling, but could be improved.
To summarize: stay here if you can get a good rate.
Booking thru thomascook(-) 30 October 2005, for 1 night 22 March 2006.
Arrived and told no room available due to a water problem, and offered alternative accomodation at a nearby 3* Hotel. Tried it, and found it primitive, no lift and carpets fitting up the walls.
Returned to Hotel Urbani, where another customer was booking in, and demanded an 3* hotel with lift and en-suite facilities which had been booked.
Offered another hotel 30 metres away which barely qualified as 3*. Assured that breakfast would be available for our early start. But the 'lady what does' had not arrived by 7.10, so we had to leave unfed.
Suspect that this hotel does not welcome cut-price bookings.
This was the only problem we experienced on a 2 week trip around Italy, all booked on the internet
Loved it! Highly recommended
Excellent hotel! Clean, safe, friendly, inexpensive In the heart of the city and close to all public transportation, although everything is within walking distance. For the cost of the lodging, breakfast was sufficient, save your appetite for all the wonderful food in the city. Italian coffee in the lounge is excellent and worth the little extra!
Great location, excellent value-for-money
We stayed at Hotel Urbani for 2 nights, at the beginning and the end of our ski trip passing through Turin. The location was the main reason for our choice; 1 minute walk from the train station Porta Nuova, literally just crossing the main road. According to some guidebooks this is edging the unsafe area of the city, but we had no problems at all and felt very safe (having taken precautions using common sense).
The hotel may look small and cosy from the outside, but its interior decorations are very modern. The rooms were extremely clean and very comfortable, but quite small for a 3* hotel. The walls were very thin - on both stays we could hear every move of the next room throughout the night. The staff was quite helpful though not exactly friendly and cheerful. The buffet breakfast was okay; it would be nice to see more fresh food on offer, instead of the pre-packed biscuits, made-from-concentrate fruit juice and straight-out-of-the-tin fruits. The coffee was terrible by Italian standard.
We got an excellent deal of 55 Euros (---) for the first night, and 65 Euros for the second for a twin room.
We would definitely consider staying at this hotel again on the same rate we paid.
TripAdvisor Reviews Hotel Urbani Turin
Travel Blogs from Turin
You can't come to Turin without seeing the famous shroud, so first thing this morning we began a 1/2 hour walk towards the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist in the centre of the city. Many of the buildings in the city centre have large covered arcades that go on for blocks adjoining the streets. Much of our walk was along these arcades, with …
Our 8 1/2 hour flight from Edmonton to London's Gatwick airport on a WestJet 767 was smooth, departing and arriving on time. The dinners we had pre-ordered were minuscule, not worth the price. The WestJet service on-board was disappointing too.
We had a 3 hour layover in London, which went by very quickly. About 45 minutes to get through …
It has happened my friends. We are almost incommunicado. Satellite coverage has dropped to its lowest levels. So, it would be almost impossible for me to upload photos.Therefore, I will finish my blog after I get home and have a normal internet connection. Sorry.
Many activities on the ship; talent shows, galley tours, movies, and the usual relaxation pursuits such as reading. I am wading through the biography of Andrew Carnegie at ...
... goes off to find a 'hole in the wall' and I find a seat - not many here - and mind the luggage. When he returns I go off to look at the shops. Mango has appealed and I go inside and try on some things and eventually decide to buy a black blazer similar to my navy one and a sleeveless cream top to go under it. The prices here seem very cheap and my items are made in Vietnam not China which makes a pleasant change. By this time it is almost time to board the train - we ...
... honey flavours & fresh goats cheese. Our last lunch of the tour was a degustation lunch, a 9 course feast, from which we are still recovering! Lol absolutely amazing & a great way to finish a wonderful week . 4 antipastos. 2 pastas, 2 meats & dolce . They sure know how to eat over ...