Uqam University Residences East
TripAdvisor Reviews Uqam University Residences East Montreal
Travel Blogs from Montreal
... have already packed in beaucoup des choses. In fact, the day we arrived in this gorgeous apartment on Rue Laurier, in the very chic Le Plateau Mount Royal district, a parade broke out right down the street on Rue Denis. A sea of blue fleur de lys flags cued us that this was a Quebecois kind of thing and, bien sur, it was St-Jean Baptiste Day which, to be honest, is the largest holiday of the year ...
... to the gate. Luckily it was empty on Sunday morning so I made it just as the desk clerk was preparing to leave.
The plane was half empty as this is low season so I went to the back instead of my designated seat. We were delayed by about half an hour as we had to go for de-icing first due to the cold weather.
Once the de-icing ...
... cover the area. All of the restaurants were full. This is where the city workers and tourists come for lunch and to shop. In winter when the temperatures are well below zero it is the perfect haven.
We opted to have our late lunch in a very nice Chinese restaurant. It was nearly 3.00pm when we sat down for lunch. After lunch and obtaining our tickets we headed home. Once again weary. Train travel in Canada is very easy, much better than flying. There is no need to spend ...
... they had had for 10 years. At times we did wonder too. But overall we're glad we did. It's exciting to see 'real proper snow' and whole rivers frozen over, better still to skate on them.It really is shocking too how much better Canadian's are at getting by, despite the weather and snow we weren't stopped doing a single thing we wanted to.
We might have spent a bit less time in Tim's ...
... and water served in flight didn't really cut it. I then called the Fairmont book in line, explained yet again what had happened, and asked if there was any chance that I'd be able to book a room for the next three nights in Montreal, and also to let them know there was not much chance of me turning up at the Fairmont in Vancouver after midnight that night either. The girl was just as lovely and helpful, not to mention sympathetic, as the person I'd spoken with last ...
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
420 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!