University Plaza Hotel
Travel Blogs from Seattle
... I booked my ticket.) So the FA said I should just sit back down and she'd take Priya to her jump seat.
The FA came back through the aisle several minutes later, so I stopped her and apologized for being snappy but, I told her, I was confused as to what exactly was happening. She said, "No need to apologize, darlin'." She said the Indian culture is so different and the concept of assigned seating isn't really a thing there, plus she realized Priya wasn't feeling ...
... I got to learn a fair bit of local history which is kind of the point of visiting all these places. Then I bumped into Trevor who I had met at the hostel and we meandered around the market for a while and had some lunch. Which wasn't good (the food, not the company). It's around about the time you're throwing up dodgy Mexican food in a hostel half way across the earth that you wonder what the hell you're doing with your life. Then you spend the afternoon feeling sorry for ...
... time to leave the office! Yay! One of my colleagues he used to study in Washington state, so he knew where to go for dinner! We took his advice and went to "The Pike Brewing Company" for beer and food. And yes! It was good! Food was tasty but for the beer I don't know cause I wasn't allowed to have alcohol in the first month of post-surgery, so I just had a cider, free-alcohol kind! It's so not me I know but I have to obey so I ...
... been up to the front of the vessel, I reckon close to 1 Klm long, and about 3000 people, but so much to do all the time, with different shows, theatres, natural talks, diamonds, all sorts of stuff if required, never a dull moment, just the daily spread that comes to everybody's door is a 2 full page double sided list of things that are on during the 24 hour period. Lunch was organised by Karen in one of the huge ...
... and wanted to go home. That was our cue to leave and make the half-hour walk back to the hostel at the other side of town. It was during this walk that things took a turn for the better. As we made our way past the Paramount Theatre we heard live music coming from inside and, to our surprise, saw a huge sign outside promoting consecutive Arctic Monkeys gigs on the Monday and Tuesday. We later agreed that they're just about the only band that we'd be prepared to pay ...
Other places to stay in Seattle
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $240
- Loved it!
- Wrong Room Key at the Westin
- Smoke, Smoke and more Smoke...
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $201
- Nice touch from the Sheraton
- This is a great place to stay!
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $231
- Dark and Cold are four letter words for me
- Great Contemporary Atmosphere
- A great business hotel
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $217
- Comfortable Stay for Our Family of 4
- Great Experience
- Spacious, Clean room, good location
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $228
- Great location, great rooms, great hotel!
- Great week
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $223
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $155
- Old Doubletree in Seattle
- Additional Parking Fee!!!
- Pay for what you get...
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Worst Restaurant I have EVER dined in
- Nice airport hotel
- Excellent hotel, great choice for business travellers
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hot Water Would Have Been Nice
- Nice place, great location
- Very comfortable
Downtown, Seattle | 2 star hotelfrom $219
- Not what we'd expected
- Best staff on earth!!!!!
- Nice hotel with big rooms.
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Seamless transition to Fairmont
- A must stay
- Weekend at the Fairmont (June 4-6)
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Interesting Marriott Property
- Tired and Disappointing
- Kind of worn out!
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $281
- Seattle Marriot 4eva
- FAR Exceeded Expectations
- New Hotel, friendly, efficient staff
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $155
Belltown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Staying there again next trip to Seattle
- The Edgewater made our vacation!!!
South-Lake Union, Seattle | 2 star hotelfrom $187
- A good value in Seattle
- Best Value for Budget Hotel
- Great deal
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $219
- Good Location
- HONEYMOON WITHOUT THE HONEY
Downtown, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $206
- Good location
- Awful Hotel
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $449
Seattle Center, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $219
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $137
- Walk to the airport from this gem.
- Don't Waste Your Time
- Finally, a decent airport hotel
Belltown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $263
- This is NOT a four star hotel!!!
- Fine, but only at the introductory half-price rate
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $220
Tukwila Urban Center, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $143
South-Lake Union, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $187
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 2 star hotelfrom $108