Universite de Montreal Residence
Travel Blogs from Montreal
... best invention EVER!!!!
Mum and Dad dropped us at our hostel and we said our last goodbyes. They were driving to Vermont to stay the night in Mont Pellier before driving on to Boston to fly home from there.
We are staying here at the HI Montreal for 2 nights. We have a private room with a private bathroom... our bathroom is inside our wardrobe (strangest thing I have ever seen ...
Another fine, sunny day, with the temperature at -17, feels like -23, when we left home around 11am. Crackling nostrils again.Had to buy another 3 day bus/train pass for $18, and we certainly get value from these cards. There is snow in the parks, but it has been cleared off the main roads, so it is easy to get about. The locals are undeterred by the cold, but we tourists ...
... the top and took my pictures and then went back and got Nancy up and we headed down for breakfast.
The day was spent chatting and admiring the scenery and sitting waiting for trains like in Oz finally we arrived at Halifax an hour late but in one piece, we de-trained and collected our bags and went to the hotel booked in had a quick meal and bed. So will see you all in the Morning in Halifax.
Stewart and Nancy.
Hello All its ...
... enjoyed our time in Montreal and Quebec City and were glad we added onto our itinerary after making the plans to return to Canada for Erin's brothers wedding. It was interesting to be in a country like Canada, with so many similarities to Australia and still be hearing everyone speaking French and see so much French influence around the cities. This was generally a good thing though because it made for more beautiful buildings to discover and delicious eateries to dine at.
So I'm three weeks into this adventure and I thought (while I wait for my free dinner) I might have a moment of indulgence and reflect on my journey so far..... *Free upgrades: 2, score! *Free meals: 2 *Free drinks: lots, courtesy of the crazy guy who was buying the whole hostel drinks last night because he was on holidays. I'm still not convinced he wasn't a raging alcoholic! *Things ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Universite de Montreal Residence
Other places to stay in Montreal
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $192
- An anniversary getaway to remember!
- Couln't ask for more
- Chateau Champlain was wonderful!
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $127
- We were very pleasantly surprised with the Holiday Inn Midtown
- Great place
- Not awful at all
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $161
- Always stay here!
- The View? Cheers! The Staff? Jeers!
- Wonderful stay
Saint-Jacques, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Great Hotel
- There are better options in Montreal
- Rude service, dust on the curtains and mold in the bathroom
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Avoid this place if you can
- The Good and the Bad
- Excellent location and much more
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Great way to end our trip!
- Not a 4-star hotel
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $183
- Only tried the revolving restaurant
- A nice place for families
- Right in between St. Catherines and Vieux-Montreal
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $110
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- The best in Montreal
- Omini Mont Royal Just Right
- Great weekend getaway
Downtown, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- We recommend this hotel
- A pleasant surprise
- Hotel was good enough for our stay
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $180
- Loved every moment
- Couldn't be better
Downtown, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Best Location For Gay Village
- Tired Hotel
- Beautiful, Clean, Great service
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Nice, inexpensive hotel
- Gestapo at the front desk
- Cantlie ignorance
Square Mile, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Rather Impressed
- Beds to die for..
- Terrific French Hotel in the Quintessential French City
Saint-Laurent, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $120
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Small but servicable
- Small with Big Attitude
- Excellent location
Ville-Marie, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $138
- Good price, good location
- Pricy but worth it!!!
- Not a wonderful experience
Downtown, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $98
- Get what you pay for
- Tiny rooms filled up with smoke
- Tiny Room and Shower
Jeanne-Mance, Montreal | 5 star hotelfrom $167
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $142
- Would not stay at this hotel again.
- Very nice
- If you are looking for Peace and Relaxation. STAY AWAY from it
Square Mile, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $109
- Not as bad as these reviews say...
- Not as advertised...
- Recommended to friends
Vieux-Montreal, Montreal | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Great location and lovely suite
- Una excelente ubicación y una suite encantadora.
- Trčs bon emplacement et suite ravissante
Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $105
Peter-McGill, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $117
Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montreal | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Quartier Latin, Montreal | 2 star hotelfrom $138
- Highly Recommend!!
- Nice stay
- Great Stay!