Universal Plaza Hotel
Travel Blogs from London
... messages like that out of my head. I didn't know what I would encounter,and going to another country on another continent by myself put me on hyper-alert.
2. If you want to buy clothes in London, they will be crazy expensive AND good luck finding something if you are full-figured.
3. In London, things are atrociously expensive. The U.S. dollar doesn’t go far there. They don’t offer you free refills on your soda. If you ...
... early. Gave them a call, and we got a drink while we waited. Not really sure exactly what time we got picked up or how long the drive ended up taking. Checked in to the hostel, and made our way to the dorms. I've got a top bunk: would have been quite a sight to watch me make the bed. A welcome shower later, I felt human again and we went out for a walk around the area where we are staying, but didn't go out for long. Spent some time in the kitchen/sitting ...
... at home and then soon after back in Europe!
Before Christmas 2013, we had a lovely visit from Emily and Carys. It was an amazing time and we did so much and had so much fun at the jazz clubs and Christmas Carols, among many other adventures. Brad and I spent Christmas in Tenerife which was a VERY different experience from what we were used to. We loved it, but we are looking forward to our next white Christmas I think.
The New Year marked the arrival of our ...
... Russell Howard.
I went in with my book and literally sat and read while everyone else was piling in. Until the two next to me came and I made friends with them. They were so nice, and hopefully when I get back here net we can catch up.
And then Russell came out with all his sexual jokes and life stories.
They were all hilarious apart from one. One was very real.
... Well, turns out many of them were feeling the same way I was. Two of my girls were really freaked out and one girl was almost in tears. I calmed them down by explaining that "yes, I felt uneasy about them as well and creeped out but it's probably pure coincidence". At this point, I also realize we were the first to get on the subway and the rest of the groups might take a bit to reach us and we are really in the way of other travellers headings out of the station. ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Universal Plaza Hotel London
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience