Metro-Home / United Nations Suites
TripAdvisor Reviews Metro-Home / United Nations Suites New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... upgrade to a king size bed, we think on the basis that we are here 6 days. We'd been anxious about the size of the room based on hotel reviews but were very pleased with it, it's the biggest we've had in the trip. Plus the wifi works well. We made contact with Jolanta, a friend from Hamilton who happens to be here at the same time with another couple Pauline and Bruce. The five of us met for dinner at Buppa Gumps about 200 metres from our hotel. ...
First day in New York and it was a beautiful day, so we decided to go for a walk in Central Park and see how far we could get. Took our time getting out and had a nice travel conversation with a young couple from England, James & Sophie who are in the other bedroom at the other end of the art gallery we're staying in. This is a great air BnB place for us as it also has 2 bathrooms, so each bedroom has its own bathroom and it is ...
... plenty of sunshine.
We'd walked quite a bit when we decided that we needed a drink, considering it was 29 degrees and humid. We got some smoothies from one of the local cafes and headed back to the hotel.
We then decided that it was time to be big grown ups and do some laundry. We found a laundromat that was open on a Sunday and headed off. It was extremely stuffy inside, so I waited outside playing Candy Crush and Solitaire, while Jess ...
... so that helped make the trip bareable... that and I found a fabulous tv show called The Bridge which kept me engaged for the time I was awake!
We landed in JFK about 5 minutes before Tim's flight out was taking off, so we gave a general wave in the direction of the terminal and headed off in a taxi to his apartment. As it turns out, he is also now getting back a day after we leave so ...
Of course, still on the top of Court's to do list was to fit in some more shopping so we headed to H&M and let her walk around for a bit. I wifi'd and booked us all buses to Montreal for tonight. This is where day will be spending his 60th birthday. I'm excited, but only because he has no idea the great day I have planned for him.
Another place that I had never been to was the ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!