Metro-Home / United Nations Suites
Travel Blogs from New York City
... Hunter is good and he has a tight band. I recognise two songs, Once Bitten Twice Shy and All the Young Dudes , the encore. Entertaining but I didn’t buy the CD.
During the show I talk to Mark from the UK who is a big investor in the Kickstarter projects. He gets me a backstage pass. I say farewell to Steve, who has decided to head back into the City. He flys out in the morning.
The backstage area is as impressive as the venue, lots ...
... UK trip. First rain on our travels. Trivs met up with Priya in Greenwich village. We met up with Pratap and ate at a typical rib and steak shack. Had to do it once! not our scene at all. Glad we did it but all deep fried and super size portions! Surrounded by enormous diners, just like in the movies! Back to Woolfgangs to collect my coat. Badly stained, offered one hundred dollars which we gratefully ...
This year, having learned last year that one can tour the 911 Memorial for free but only if one has tickets well in advance, I got the tickets well in advance, and we took the tour. Let me just warn you that at this point, getting into the memorial literally takes longer than the tour. First you get in line. Then you show your pass and your ID. Then you get in a much longer line (about 8 zig-zags) from which they periodically release a ...
... such as furniture and eco design pieces. Something for everybody!
We headed east past the Helmsley Building which seemed to have cars driving out from the middle of it and down to the United Nations HQ. We didn't have time to do a tour as it was already 5pm, but apparently the building is designed so that every country has an equal view of the city, very socialist! The US state building right across from it had plenty of cops around, but ...
This morning all four of us went into town together. First we went to Times Square. That is consumerism with a big "C". the M&M store, three storeys of toothdecay, Hershey, the quick way to paradontitis, we had lunch at a small cafe off Fifth Avenue run by nicer, unassuming, people. It makes one wonder about the approach taken by the big companies towards their clients. Everyone is in it for the money, but those smaller companies make you feel comfortable, instead of as a ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Metro-Home / United Nations Suites New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $238
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $237
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $222
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $264
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $335
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $470
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $297
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $245
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $291
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $170
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $269
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $305
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $308
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $248
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $245
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $309
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $227
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $244
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $301
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $264
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $146
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!