Travelodge High Holborn
Travel Blogs from London
... to appear. From here we kept walking till we got to Buckingham palace again so many people flag was on pole but wasn't flying so not sure if that was because of lack of wind or queen was just not in residence. From here we re boarded bus again getting off at bond street and walking down Knightsbridge till we found Harrods we were surprised was still open as we were told stores close at 6.00pm so we bought some dinner for ...
... bar, with tipsy old men and dark timber all round. But the door next to the public bar opens to the other side of the pub.
At first I thought we had been lead astray, as all we could see was a packed bar, old fashioned beer pumps and old mementos on the walls. But in the back corner was an archway with a glimpse of brighter walls and better lighting. This had the promise of the bistro we had been sent to find.
After we wend our way through the patrons ...
... we're staying just off Trafalgar Square - so everything is easily walkable. The London Eye is the first sight we usually see - the giant Ferris wheel slowly turning in the misty rain this morning. Big Ben was next & we arrived just in time to hear its bells chime for 9am as it towered above us. The Parliment Buildings & Westminister Abbey are right beside that. I don't find Westminster Abbey that interesting from the outside - its a big stone church - its the ...
... to meet at the station (sadly leaving behind a still-not-met Russell) and waited until 6:40.
Meanwhile Lydia had been there, not seen me...we weren't far apart! and gone to Victoria Station at the theatre.
Had I known this, that would have been fine.
But my phone was flat.
So I waited a bit more.
... featured in most movies and pictures. The famous bridge in London is actually called the Tower Bridge. London Bridge is just your everyday bridge, nothing fancy about it. After we crossed the bridge and came back, Kelly and I enjoyed a lovely stroll along the Thames River in the heat of the day. I actually rocked a t-shirt that afternoon. And for me to wear a t-shirt, you know it has to be warm out because I am always cold and wearing layers. The afternoon ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Travelodge High Holborn London
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $736
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $205
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $327
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience