Travelodge High Holborn
TravelPod Member ReviewsTravelodge High Holborn London
The first room they gave us was AWFUL!!! It reminded us of a convalescent hospital! Thinking we had to stay there made me want to cry! They also knew we had 3 people and gave us 2 twin beds! The night shift was much more accommodating than the day shift and they found us another room across the street that had enough beds for us.
The second room was okay but still not really up to par even for a mid-range hotel. No phone in the rooms, housekeeper made our beds but never took out dirty coffee mugs or trash. Burned out light bulbs and no clock. I would not stay here again.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TripAdvisor Reviews Travelodge High Holborn London
Travel Blogs from London
Katie and I headed out for some food after that last entry. We found a “Take Away” Chinese restaurant a few blocks away (actually there are no such thing as blocks in any of the 3 countries we’ve visited. Squares are not nearly as popular as triangles. Anyone who has ever been here knows what I’m talking about. Even their …
... in at 2:00pm. After this – it was
still only 7:30am, so we headed into the city to find second breakfast – because
when you are served breakfast at 3am, it’s really about lunch time by 8am. On
the way in we walked through Russel Square Park and saw a squirrel! I was very
excited. The weather was beautiful – a lovely cool summer morning with a slight
We then headed in to the ...
... Reception Centre in London where they transferred us to our hotel, The Park Plaza Riverbank.
Checked in and went for a walk to find somewhere to eat, bingo a Portuguese restaurant and bar where they couldn't speak English and we ordered Italian.
Back to the hotel for showers and bed after updating the blog.
Note:- Probably won't do a blog for the UK Tour, if I do, I will ...
... at through glass before you want to get back out into the modern world.
The biggest, grandest, and most interesting museums I visited after my parents left the UK were the British Museum and the Victoria and Albert museum. The British Museum took me two days to walk the first floor and part of the second. There are five floors. Just enormous.
When I go to museums I like to take pictures of funny things I see. ...
We came in over a big estuary which I then realised must be the Thames as we did 2 big circles around the southeast side of London and I could see the landmarks we now know both times. The English countryside was quite different to France with lots of little and irregular shapes paddocks and mostly green. Then it was out to the west, finally turn to land at Heathrow and miles of taxiing to get to ...
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $332
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $282
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $184
53 Park Lane, London | 5 star hotelfrom $51
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
Clerkenwell, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $490
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
44 Grosvenor Square, London | 4 star hotel
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $326
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $289
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $239
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Coram Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $195
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $188
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $443
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $302
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $424
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $253
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience