Trastevere Casa Luva
Travel Blogs from Rome
... help. So we continued on.
We happened to luck out and we must have looked really frustrated because as we were going down a street a guy comes up to us and goes “are you looking for Colors Hotel?” to which we excitedly responded “YES! Do you know where it is?!”. Turns out he was staying there too and had gotten lost in the same area as us the day before. We had walked right by it and we realized the signage was ...
... br> accommodation and a really nice guy checked us in. So relieved to
have a place to stay!!!
Woke up in Rome! Had a pretty cruisy
morning, just having the basic breakfast at the hotel and then
heading out to see the sights. Went to the Vatican first at around
midday. Walked around the main square (circle, I guess) and then went
into the Vatican museum. Luckily we were able to go ...
... t navigate. That is the place on the map that would once say "thar be dragons". :) After some home cooked pasta, we went out for an evening stroll past many Roman classics - Piazza Navona, the Pantheon (those we had seen before), plus the Trevi fountain, the Spanish steps and a whole bunch of other churches, squares, towers and statues. We walked a lot today! There were fireworks AGAIN tonight! We couldn't see them, but we heard ...
... families were allowed one visit before construction, for one more picnic, and also that Constantine's builders moved what they could to respect actual physical remains as they buried the various mausoleums.
As we walked through these archeological layers, enjoying a bizarre passeggiata as it were along the necropolian cardo, the Constantinian foundations came clearly into view. So did the Renaissance ...
... being courteous in public places is just as onerous as paying taxes; a civic duty that most of them avoid. Italians drive like they live. I have on two separate occasions been physically "clipped" by the rear view mirrors of two separate vehicles. Both hit-and-runs occured as I was unlocking the front door of my residence. I have now moved this rather mundane daily activity to the list of life ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Trastevere Casa Luva Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82