Trastevere Casa Luva
Travel Blogs from Rome
... the river. It is pretty sweet and if you ever saw or read "Angels and Demons" you know of the place.
I decided that I would slowly make my way to my destinations by walking through my neighborhood of Trastevere and getting "lost" down any side roads. Truth be told, I had yet to really explore my area so that this was a good plan. And it was pretty sweet. When I arrived to Castel Sant'Angelo and Vatican, ...
... I had arranged a tour so we could skip the hour and a half line and get to go places that we wouldn't get to go on our own like the underground, the arena floor and the upper deck. It was amazing being there. Built in 80 A.D. Almost 2000 years ago. It's hard to fathom something that has been around that long. We really enjoyed it. After the tour, we had lunch at a lively, Italian restaurant with views of the Colosseum, then we ...
... of know where, but it is totally not. It is in the middle of Rome, the city has practically been build around it. After we walked the Forums, opposite the Collosueam, consisting of old ruins of a once working square back in the roman times. After we jumped back onto the metro and were off to the Vatican. Arriving in St. Peter's square ...
... remains as solid as it did Day 1. Whew...
Once more sitting down to culminate my thoughts, I look back now mystified as to how we've learned so many metro systems, bus routes, and city maps. However it's been done, I hope we can keep it going, just a little bit longer. We've got 4 more nights in Europe following tonight, and tomorrow begins by learning just a bit more while we discover the likes of the well traveled city of Barcelona. Buenos noches mi amigos.
... had been blocked off from the rest of the residence. There was a fold out double bed, a loft bed above it, a small bathroom and kitchen, enough for our stay and cheap enough for our budget. Needless to say we crashed shortly after our arrival we had a big couple of days ahead of us.
We managed to make it back into Rome in the morning and after booking our tickets out of Rome our first stop, the Colosseo. It has it's own train station and as you come out ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Trastevere Casa Luva Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72