Trastevere Casa Luva
Travel Blogs from Rome
... standing position between a thousand people in the car. I was squished between a guy from our group, Evangeline and some guy's backpack between my knees. I was not standing. I was being held up by the thousands of people around me who were. The train lurched forward and we all leaned sideways, pushing the people at the front of the car against the wall. Luckily there were so many people in the car, that everyone was held up by the bodies pushing against them on every side. I ...
We woke up Lars and slow and decided to walk to the capuchin crypt. We walked all around the little side streets for hours and when we got to the Capuchin crypt we were a little over whelmed by the grotesque nature of the monks who organised the skulls, bones and skeletons into ...
... and recycle cloths for sale. As well as lovely old linen sheets, table cloths, clothing and children's cloths all beautiful stitched, embroidery, and drawn thread work, some with lace and all made from cotton and linen fabric, how wonderful. We had a lovely time strolling around looking at everything, but it does put the brakes on buying when you have to pack it in a suitcase and carry it. Glenda did end up buying a sheet that ...
... I’m writing this over the Atlantic. It may be trite to say this, but as we fly away – as we’re between Italy and the U.S. – in a sort of suspension of time – I would say as a closing comment –
Italy is a country to be savored at a slow pace in its quiet corners
go and enjoy
let it infuse into you and see how you respond
maybe you’ll be in for a surprise!
Ciao for now,
But Amy and I hit the highlights in 2.5! It was a whirlwind but totally worth every second.
Today was much calmer than the past two. This morning Amy and I decided just to go to the Pantheon and Piazza Navona because our feet and legs were still a little sore. We also went to Giolitti's for gelato and sat outside for a bit.
I don't think I've ever walked as much as I did ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Trastevere Casa Luva Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82