Travel Blogs from Birmingham
... the tiller to me and went along the gunnel to fend us off the boat nearest to us. It became apparent to me very quickly that going forward was no longer an option so I put us in reverse and backed away into clear water where I put Charis in forward gear and got up a bit of speed which took us away from the line of boats and we managed to get past them without further hindrance. We think that the boat we (gently) hit was unoccupied.
We have stopped ...
Off we go into town with oz to make sure they got from moore street to new street. Two cathedrals, two towers, 275 in york....325 in durham Viking tour done, sherry in the room....johnnie walker for lunch. Up and out today.... Cotswolds, roman villas, tourists, chocolate box pictures. The wind is ...
... from going around one round-about a couple of times the journey is un-eventful. We had allowed 3 1/2 hours, expecting traffic issues but it only takes us about 2 1/4 hours and then we drop the cars off and are ferried to Terminal 4. A quick coffee and I look through the duty-free for some Glenfiddich Caoran but to my (and Bryony's) great disappointment I was told that it is no ...
Today we are to play the final game of what has been a gruelling but enjoyable tour. When the tour schedule was put together it was expected that the English weather would rob us of a few games along the way. However the only rainy days occurred on our rest day on the 19th July and on the game against Hereford Over 50s at Eastnor. The weather today is not looking promising and several players have expressed a desire to not play today if conditions are wet ...
... to read my book, whilst sneaking admiring glances.
The train stopped and new passengers got on. A sour faced woman approached me and stated presumptuously that she wanted to sit in the seat next to me. The seat was hosting a rucksack, a handbag and the leg-room was taken up with my enormous suitcase. I'd just like to point out, that she had other options; I am not a seat hog, but I was at a loss to know where to put everything. The Adonis said something of ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Asquith House Birmingham
Other places to stay in Birmingham
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $74
- Ok.... At The Right Price....
- Food OK --- otherwise poor value
- Not bad
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $85
- What a view!
- Not That Good !!!
- Depends what you are there for
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Adequate, but tired decor and noisy
- Usual great service at the crowne plaza......
- Shabby and tired
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- London, Dublin, ... Birmingham!
- Classy hotel.
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Big hotel brand, big disappointment
- The good, the bad, and the ugly
Nechells, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Okay hotel, Awful area
- Cheap, but not really good value for money
- It's Chavtastic!
Pendigo Way, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great hotel!
- Great location, ridiculous prices! £16.00 for breakfast!
- Nice and comfortable
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $66
Coventry Road, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $69
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Doesn't justify its 4 stars
- Good value hotel
- Depends on the price!
Lozells and East Handsworth, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $86
- Great value for money!!!!!!!!
- Rooms spoiled an otherwise good hotel
- Very modern - a nice change!
Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Thumbs up for Mariott Forest of Arden !!
- Very relaxing and comfortable hotel
- Great for families
Bickenhill Parkway, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $79
Bournville, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $63
- Better off in a coffin
- Expected worse...
- Consenus opinion is: Awful Hotel
Chapel Lane, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $64
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- Booking a twin room
- Loved the hotel
Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $68
Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- A nice place to stay...if you avoid the staff!
- Good - if thats what you are after
- THe worst stay in my life
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Nice & pleasent
- Brill weekend
- Very Good
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Give it a miss
- Don't stay here!
- Mrs Sandhu owns the hotel
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $63
- Mediocre city hotel claiming four stars
- Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at....
- Really very bad, should be 1 star at best
Ladywood, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Good value
- Quiet and cool
- First choice budget hotel in Birmingham City Centre
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Nechells, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $118
243 Hagley Rd, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- OK - better than the Quality Hotel!
- Apollo Hotel Motel
- A blast from the past!