TripAdvisor Reviews Asquith House Birmingham
Travel Blogs from Birmingham
My first day here in Western Australia. It had a slow start, having a late breakfast with Diane, and then chilling out and chatting!!!!!. Eventually we drove to town to Woolworths for grocery shopping and various other things. Very hot but with a lovely breeze. Again had a late lunch and then a snooze to catch up with just a bit of jet lag. ...
Car arrived on time and I am now in the lounge. Just had a lovely breakfast of prawn salad and lovely coffee. This is certainly the way to travel. Must make the most of it. Birmingham airport is so much easier than Heathrow where we have travelled to Australia from in the past. Update later Now in the departure lounge in Dubai. ...
... days, one with my mom and Ray, one with my dad, nan, sister and uncle and a final one with si' s family and friends, all consuming our body weight in food! We go spoilt rotten, so thank you again! The only disappointment was no snow!! Maybe we'll get some if we get to Antarctica!! Next stop Rio ...
... We continued to eat our way around the markets however! We had waffles, donuts, more mulled wine and even had deep fried cheese. We finished off the night with a ride on the Ferris wheel, which was a little scary going up for me as I'm not so good with heights. But once I realised that we were pretty secure, it was a lovely ride looking over the city on a clear night with the full moon ...
... getting closer. The street is filled with colour as a parade of Indians in rich costume parade down the street complete with turbaned man on pony.
It turns out to be a wedding. The family are taking the groom to meet his bride, and the events of the previous two days have been a lead up to this.
So we ask ourselves:
Why we are planning a trip to India when it is all happening here outside our front window...AND we have roast lamb for lunch without any fear of Delhi ...
Other places to stay in Birmingham
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $74
- Ok.... At The Right Price....
- Food OK --- otherwise poor value
- Not bad
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $85
- What a view!
- Not That Good !!!
- Depends what you are there for
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Adequate, but tired decor and noisy
- Usual great service at the crowne plaza......
- Shabby and tired
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- London, Dublin, ... Birmingham!
- Classy hotel.
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Big hotel brand, big disappointment
- The good, the bad, and the ugly
Nechells, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Okay hotel, Awful area
- Cheap, but not really good value for money
- It's Chavtastic!
Pendigo Way, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great hotel!
- Great location, ridiculous prices! £16.00 for breakfast!
- Nice and comfortable
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $66
Coventry Road, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $69
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Doesn't justify its 4 stars
- Good value hotel
- Depends on the price!
Lozells and East Handsworth, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $86
- Great value for money!!!!!!!!
- Rooms spoiled an otherwise good hotel
- Very modern - a nice change!
Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Thumbs up for Mariott Forest of Arden !!
- Very relaxing and comfortable hotel
- Great for families
Bickenhill Parkway, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $79
Bournville, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $63
- Better off in a coffin
- Expected worse...
- Consenus opinion is: Awful Hotel
Chapel Lane, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $64
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- Booking a twin room
- Loved the hotel
Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $68
Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- A nice place to stay...if you avoid the staff!
- Good - if thats what you are after
- THe worst stay in my life
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Nice & pleasent
- Brill weekend
- Very Good
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Give it a miss
- Don't stay here!
- Mrs Sandhu owns the hotel
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $63
- Mediocre city hotel claiming four stars
- Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at....
- Really very bad, should be 1 star at best
Ladywood, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Good value
- Quiet and cool
- First choice budget hotel in Birmingham City Centre
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Nechells, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $118
243 Hagley Rd, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- OK - better than the Quality Hotel!
- Apollo Hotel Motel
- A blast from the past!