TripAdvisor Reviews Asquith House Birmingham
Travel Blogs from Birmingham
2 days to go!
Paul reckons he is all packed. Ian and myself have got our stuff ready to be packed.
Early start on Tuesday morning will see us meeting for a cooked breakfast at a Bistro in Chadsmoor (Cafe really), so we will be looking for somewhere we can see the bikes!
The weather these last few days has been very sunny and warm. Let's just hope it continues on into next week and ...
Took a day trip on the train to Coventry to visit the two cathedrals - the ruin of the old one bombed on 14 November 1940, and the new one consecrated in May 1962. The decision was made to build the new one built alongside the ruin, rather than rebuild the original. The design ...
Off on the train again to Birmingham to visit A & K. So great to catch up after 7 years. Laughed over crazy times in 2005 back in Bris Vegas. Picked up Louise (only 2 years since we caught up in Bris Vegas) and then off to the Sun for a good English dinner (beef pie and chips mmmmmm) with a little ale (Boon Doggle) and Spanish ...
... men and the arms they could contribute in case the king had need of their services for warfare was held. Having visited the cathedral (to see the recently restored medieval stained glass windows) we waited along the 'Close' for the parade for ages in the freezing cold and when it eventually arrived the local service corps teens promptly stopped for a refreshment break!! Actually it was to give the Morris Dancers a chance to perform but we were not ...
... and a vineyard or two in Napier. Continuing south we will head to the capital of Wellington for a few wet and windy days. From there we will make our way to Picton where we jump on the ferry to the South Island. Our guess is that will take us around 2-3 weeks, I did say the plan was vague. On the South Island we will visit more vineyards on the way through Kaikoira. We'll then pass through Christchurch and head ...
Other places to stay in Birmingham
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $74
- Ok.... At The Right Price....
- Food OK --- otherwise poor value
- Not bad
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $85
- What a view!
- Not That Good !!!
- Depends what you are there for
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Adequate, but tired decor and noisy
- Usual great service at the crowne plaza......
- Shabby and tired
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- London, Dublin, ... Birmingham!
- Classy hotel.
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Big hotel brand, big disappointment
- The good, the bad, and the ugly
Nechells, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Okay hotel, Awful area
- Cheap, but not really good value for money
- It's Chavtastic!
Pendigo Way, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great hotel!
- Great location, ridiculous prices! £16.00 for breakfast!
- Nice and comfortable
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $66
Coventry Road, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $69
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Doesn't justify its 4 stars
- Good value hotel
- Depends on the price!
Lozells and East Handsworth, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $86
- Great value for money!!!!!!!!
- Rooms spoiled an otherwise good hotel
- Very modern - a nice change!
Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Thumbs up for Mariott Forest of Arden !!
- Very relaxing and comfortable hotel
- Great for families
Bickenhill Parkway, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $79
Bournville, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $63
- Better off in a coffin
- Expected worse...
- Consenus opinion is: Awful Hotel
Chapel Lane, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $64
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- Booking a twin room
- Loved the hotel
Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $68
Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- A nice place to stay...if you avoid the staff!
- Good - if thats what you are after
- THe worst stay in my life
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Nice & pleasent
- Brill weekend
- Very Good
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Give it a miss
- Don't stay here!
- Mrs Sandhu owns the hotel
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $63
- Mediocre city hotel claiming four stars
- Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at....
- Really very bad, should be 1 star at best
Ladywood, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Good value
- Quiet and cool
- First choice budget hotel in Birmingham City Centre
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Nechells, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $118
243 Hagley Rd, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- OK - better than the Quality Hotel!
- Apollo Hotel Motel
- A blast from the past!