TripAdvisor Reviews Thoresta Herrgard Stockholm
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... br> ( Kim W it is even worse then Italy and Rome). It really detracts from the city. We had a look around and the streets were really confusing. It is really hilly, up and down. You start walking one way expecting to meet up with a cross street but you end upon at higher level looking down at a street below with no idea how to get down to that level.
Then to top it off the ...
I thought I should stay in today as well and skip my Wednesday plans for the Swedish lesson with Ellinor and Nordiska museet. That can come on another Wednesday! I went to grocery shop to get ingredients for loh mein noodles. There isn't really a good, cheap Chinese take out place around here...! It's October 15th, and they already have "julmust", their special Christmas soda out. Sweden might just be worse than America when it comes to putting Christmas things out ...
... the typical tourist busy for at least a couple of days. Returning to Stockholm was a bit of a funny experience, since roles have been reversed with Copenhagen - six years ago, I enjoyed Copenhagen far more than Stockholm, which I actually found to be a bit boring. But this time, Stockholm has been way more entertaining, at least for our first day here. Part of this is due to our hotel's location in Norrmalm, which is just a little farther away from ...
... in 19th Century, we saw stately homes with marvellous gardens filled with the most beautiful Peony Roses in full bloom.
~ We climbed a hill in Soderkoping, ate ice cream served by an Australian/ Swedish waitress, we picked wild blue berries and walked along the Goya canal that connects Stockholm with Gotenborg.
A wonderful week well organised and executed by our hosts Alma, Ingrida, Anders, Henric, Helena and the kids, Elin, ...
... spend a lot more time here though, but there's plenty of time for that. So, to back track a little bit ... We arrived in the Swedish lakes around lunchtime Sunday, in a little town called Mora. And when I say little, I mean little. Our hotel was not the best one of the tour so far, more like a motel than a hotel, but serviceable nonetheless. After quickly dumping bags and getting sorted, a group of us went out on a 7k walk around one of the smaller lakes and through some ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshamnen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147