TripAdvisor Reviews Thoresta Herrgard Stockholm
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
During the past week we have been spending time wandering the city. Our original plan was to spend some time in the Archipelago as part of a home exchange. But suddenly we really felt the urge to stay in the city so we will postpone our use of the exchange until a future date. The homeowner in Värmdö will use our apartment in Spain in ...
... us in Florida before we pulled up our roots and moved to Europe. It was a wonderful coincidence to meet Ben again this year. We enjoyed a typical Swedish lunch at Sturehof.
There's been lots of variety in the weather since we arrived as well, with temperatures as high as 27C and lows around 11C. We're not quite sure how to dress and hope Swedish Sommar will arrive for good soon...Midsommar is only 6 days away! I'll try to post more photos soon!
... was enough to stave off a redux of the Most Epic Meltdown Ever from our last trip to Europe. All in all, we were really happy with the way the flight went. As we well know, it could have gone a *lot* worse.
The delay out of Newark, along with the fact that we inexplicably made up no time in the air, despite nice tailwinds meant that we had a rather tight connection. We made it though, with time to spare.
... a dress-code which I wasn't sure I'd qualify for so I didn't want to spend money on registering for tournaments only to then be denied entry at the door. I got in just fine as it happens but that night's tournament was already fully booked. So I entered the lowest stakes cash game table instead. Any of you that play poker regularly will know that cash games and tournaments are two very different breeds of octopus. I like the strategy and the time-sensitive pressure ...
I really like this town. Probably helps that it's been sunny.
I checked out the Old Town in the afternoon after I arrived. It was cool wandering around the windy small cobblestone streets. Caught up with Arved, the German from the ferry in the evening and had a few beers.
On Thursday met up with ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147