TripAdvisor Reviews Thoresta Herrgard Stockholm
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
While it´s cold outside there are plenty of things to do in Stockholm. We´ve vowed to see as many things as we can during our time here. After all, there aren´t the crowds you find during the tourist season.
I heard there was a Matisse exhibition at Waldemarsudde, a lovely small museum in Djurgården. The day was cloudy and cold so it was a great time for some indoor touring.
I had forgotten how big and busy Frankfurt airport was but I managed and boarded the plane for the final leg. I think I slept most of the time. I was rushing to get through the airport as I didn't want to keep everyone waiting and I almost walked right by Karyn! Too funny ... we had both thought we'd see each other right away then do a slo-mo movie run towards each other while Jens was filming the whole thing. Well that didn't happen :-) As I was almost past her I saw Jens ...
... to get an idea of some of the rest of the city. We got back to the stop for the ship and decided to carry on back into Gamla Stan and see if we could find another place with wifi to finish the blog uploads and send a couple of emails. We did at a little café where we had an icecream and I got it all finished. We came back to the waterfront again and back on the boat and did yet another circuit – you can only go one way ...
Note to self: Do not fly on Friday 13th. You will be delayed, you will get rained on and you will get lost trying to find the hostel!
Apart from the, Stockholm is a world away from the splendour of Helinki's Scandinavian roots tinged with a bit of Soviet Union. Stockholm is glorious in it's own right, and could not be more different from Helsinki.
The flight into the airport was permeated with vast areas of unbroken forest and lakes. In fact at one point I thought ...
... but they weren’t connected and when I called the telephone number provided, it was explained to me that they’d suffered a break-in and the replacement machines had yet to be wired in! I was all set for trying another harbour when the clouds darkened and the promised rain started. That and the fact that they had a decent internet here persuaded me to stay and as it transpired, I’m pleased we did.
The rain that helped persuade me to stay ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshamnen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147