Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... two reasons. Firstly to get out of the city to the burbs on a local bus to see something different and to try some more meatballs. Well worth the trip to taste an Ikea branded beer. In the four restaurants there was no Ikea jelly which was a disappointment but I guess that wouldn't have gone with my glass of wine anyway. No matter which country you're in Ikea food is pretty good and cheap. Did you know that the furniture is named after Swedish areas, lakes ...
... included breakfast which was a full buffet I had to try the Swedish pancakes of course with lingon berry jam. The coffee and the service was great. We had a table right on a window overlooking the harbor watching the day commence. Our guide for the day was the best so far Brita, but so as not to confuse us in the beginning she had us call her Anna, go figure? She first mapped out what we were scheduled to see and the timing. Then we did ...
... linens, cobblestones, sweater sets, flowers, trees, marzipan, macarons, "glass" (ice cream), boats. The areas of the city we saw create an impression of Stockholm as clean and fresh in pretty subdued shades with green spaces and water all around.
As in Helsinki the people we met in Stockholm were happy to discuss their city, its history and current events. Through our hostel roommates we learned about Swedish politics and ...
... with them (even more than our American cousins) and its not uncommon to see one every block or so in the city. Tied to this love of the Irish is a love for their Whiskey. The bar that we frequented must have stocked over fifty brands......well it was enough for its own menu! Still, a strange link all the same. Maybe it's those long dark Scandinavian nights that encourage the Swedes to take a wee dram and reflect. You can't ...
Our second day in Stockholm presented
a real dilemma, as there were so many interesting-sounding museums,
walks and trips. We started at the Vasa Museum, built around a 17th
century that, like the Mary Rose in England, sank almost immediately
after her launch. It was located in the 1950s and refloated and
preserved over ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Thoresta Herrgard Stockholm
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $177
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $163
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $203
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $192
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $151
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $191
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $35
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $186
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $165
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $144
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $135
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $195
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $135
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $145
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $177
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $129
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $216
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $179