Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... wanting to go the loo had to walk over them. Didn't expect to see anything like this in a Scandinavian country – maybe Asia, but definitely not here! Assume it wasn't a normal occurrence, but interesting nevertheless! Finally a few people got off, and they ended up having seats for the rest of the trip. Despite all the stops, we both managed to get a bit of sleep, although it was definitely patchy. One good thing was that because it ...
... family (the princess married her personal trainer, what a scandal!), the palace, parliament and also told us about Alfred Nobel and the Nobel Prizes that are awarded each year in Stockholm. We met a lovely Australian couple on the tour, Clare and Daniel from Adelaide and we all plan to do the afternoon Old Town tour later in the day. After the tour we head to the Vasa Museum which is a museum built around a 400 year old ship that sank in ...
... first to find it. We met two other geocachers there & ended up spending half an hour chatting to them. Was an exciting night (& everyone seemed pretty excited that it was my first 'FTF' (first to find) geocache; we had to get a photo of all of us that found it for the website!)!
I hadn't been for a run here yet & Dane has a sore leg so ...
... for $16 (the canal trip). We turned up for another Free Walking Tour and they didn't have a guide available. Although rebooked for the next day, as an apology for the inconvenience ,they gave us a night out, a $40 pub crawl voucher with free shots and beer. Dave appreciated this immensely as beer prices have been upwards of $10. Amazingly and unexpectedly,I enjoyed my first pub crawl purely for the fact it was great to speak with like minded travellers ...
Apparently, it doesn't get dark in Sweden during the summer, which makes it a bit hard to sleep without thick curtains covering the windows. It's a little weird for me since I'm used to it getting dark no later than 10:30.
I've only been here for half a day and I'm already disappointed about leaving on Thursday. Sweden has succeeded in captivating ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Thoresta Herrgard Stockholm
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147