Third Ave House
TripAdvisor Reviews Third Ave House New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... a lump to your throat. The centre is next door to the No 10 ladder of the FDNY. As we exited the sirens went off and the engine pulled out of the station and the firefighters jumped on board. Pauline was excited to say the least.
To finish the day off we travelled back uptown to Times Square for a burger, fries, beer and a cocktail in O'Donoghues.
Hayley is of course happy she made us leave so early as we still have plenty of time to correct this error. Off to the subway we go! As we buy our tickets one of the guards asks us where we are ultimately headed and tells us that if we ride the orange T line two extra stops we can get off at Back Bay where our train will pass through five minutes later after it departs South Station, meaning we don’t have to walk up 40 ...
... kids enjoying the row boats. Granny and Aunty Ton pushed their bikes back to the entrance and I rode the remainder of the way back to the gate, taking the wrong exit along the way. From there we dropped our bikes back and then walked all the way down to the new shopping centre on Columbus Circle. It had some lovely new shops and even a nicer view down Central Park Avenue. After spending quite a bit of time and money in Sephora (massive cosmetics store) ...
... being crowded, the MOMA is very good. I have to say though I think we have become very blasť about art since being in Europe. I am much more selective about what I want to look at now and try not to waste too much time on things I don't love. There is a lot of Rodin here, including "The Thinker" which I am sure we saw in the Vatican. Perhaps Rodin made multiple copies, but I am surprised. As this is modern art, I don't really 'get' a lot of it. Even though I went to art school, I ...
... it was really funny.
We got back on the bus and quite co-incidentally Larry was guiding again. Funny out of all the hop on hop off buses in New York, we manage to get him every day. We told him that we were on our way to John's pizza in Greenwich Village, which he recommended. He was wrapped that we had listened to him. And the pizza didn't disappoint. The crust was so thin and crispy and there ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!