Third Ave House
Travel Blogs from New York City
... it is going to be fairly expensive.
The first day or so I just walked around the city, taking in all the sights (and smells!) I also did alot of shopping, but all boring things that I need to take with me to camp so unfortunately the most exciting part was deciding which colour towels I should buy!
On Friday I walked the Brooklyn Bridge, I really wish we did this last year because it was actually a lot of fun! I got the train across ...
... the boundaries of our own countries, so my advise to everyone is: GO SEE THE WORLD! I like to live by the motto: instead of dreaming about things I want to see and do, I must live out my dreams and actually do and see the things I have dreamt of. I know there are countless people that think we may be crazy for quitting our jobs to travel, but we don't regret it for a minute. Jobs will be ...
... where there was lots of free parking. We got the 8:25am train into Grand Central Terminal.
Needless to say, when we arrived in GCT 35 minutes later, our cameras never stopped. We were click-clickety-clicking to our hearts content!!
Eventually, we made it outside of GCT and then the clicking started all over again!! (anyone would think we liked our photography, lol!).
After GCT we made our way along 42nd ...
... popped popcorn and it was well into my second glass of beer that I felt someone come up behind me and tickle my waist. Turning around I got the shock and surprise and joy and .... of my life, because it was Lucy!!! It turns out, She, Valerie and Taylor with the help of our parents, had conspired to have Lucy fly out to New York for the wedding without telling me! The secret proves that I'm marrying someone with as much of a flare for the surprise party as my own family, and I ...
... the tourist touching his balls, presumably for good luck or quite possibly just for a laugh but the girls were unimpressed. Then off to the Jewish Museum while we are down this way for a sobering reminder of WWII atrocities. Up past 9/11 memorial where crowds encouraged us to try again another day. Ella and I stopped to watch a marvellous street artist work wonders with several spray cans and a canvas then on ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Third Ave House New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!