The Voyager Motor Inn
TripAdvisor Reviews The Voyager Motor Inn Los Angeles
Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
... experience which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was great listening to the presentations given by past pilots on their experience with landing (etc) on aircraft carriers. I'd already read a lot about it but to hear them talking about it, and being able to relate to it, was just inspiring. Seeing some of my favourite planes on display (F14, F18, Wildcat, Corsair (WWII), Huey, SeaHawke, etc) was just the icing on the cake. Hamo, you would have loved it, ...
... load up and head off towards our hotel. As we leave the lot we're a little concerned as Fanny, our trusty satnav unit, hasn't yet managed to pick up satellites so isn't giving us any directions, thankfully a few minutes later she finds a satellite so we programme her and off we go.
We find our hotel, The Sunburst Spa & Suites, in Culver City fairly easily, check-in and quickly hit the sack as by this time it's about 11pm and we are shattered!
... changed before we even started!
Bus driver was of Mexican origin - female - and pleasant enough. However we hit the freeway only to come to a standstill due to a car on fire. So appropriately enough we detoured. Only trouble was bus driver hadn't a clue how to reach Union station, had no sat nav and couldn't make out what the office who she phoned while driving were saying! She seemed more concerned at her lack of dinner and delay ...
... it to be, well, nothing exciting. And then it happened - we opened the door and entered an entirely new world. Dead center ahead was the cash desk. To reach it, one begins the journey into whimsy with a toy shoppe on the left filled with Harry Potter and other exciting gadgetry, to the right a little shop dedicated to Doctor Who. Yes, shop after shop - all faux fronts - lead you to the center where the lovely young lady greets you warmly with her English accent. ...
... on a speaker doing the the guide and I missed that interaction. I also went through Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, The La Brea Tar Pits and the Beverly center. The tour was about 2.5 hours. I got back to start point at 1:00 and the next route we wanted to take, the Purple was at 2:00 PM. I will kill the hour by grabbing something to eat at the mall on Holllywoood Blvd.
The Purple route took us by Parmaount studios and ...
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!