The Residences at World Golf Village
Travel Blogs from Saint Augustine
... waiting patrons. When we got there, the place was brimming with people outside, all waiting to be seated. Our immediate thought was at least an hour wait. Roy went in to put our name on the waiting list and within minutes he reappeared waiving us in. I’m still at a loss for how he managed it, but he claims the young women at the hostess desk took one look at his mustache and after a short conversation, we got moved to the top of the list! ...
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
... for a well deserved cold drink. After a few beers and photo taking off we set again. Eventually we arrived in St Augustine at about 2pm, perfect timing to enable us to book into our motel before taking a stroll around the town. There were bikes everywhere due to it being bike week in Daytona. We had a browse round the town with Dawn and Di going in nearly every clothes shop trying to ...
More great choices in Saint Augustine
Search TripAdvisor for more deals in Saint Augustine
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations