The Plough And Harrow Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews The Plough And Harrow Hotel Birmingham
Travel Blogs from Birmingham
... changed the SatNav program to lorry! Arriving at the camping shop/warehouse we could not believe how much you could buy just for camping. So after purchasing table, washing line, retractable hose and bits, it was time to face the road again. We managed to miss the tiny lane and find an alternative route. We also realised we were doing an average of 26mph, getting ...
Lovely comfy bed, but oh boy, is it really July. We were both so cold, at least the heating is efficient. After a good sort out, finding various cubby holes, we packed everything tightly into all the cupboards and drawers. By this time it had started to rain, but we decided to go out for another practice drive. So we set off for Market Bosworth. After trying to find the battle site, being taken down ...
Today we picked up our motor home, a Pilote Sensation, after having a whistle stop tour and instructions on all the various electronic devises and came away with our heads in a spin! We then zoomed off to our first campsite near Nuneaton doing an average of 12mph. Hopefully not too many frustrated drivers behind us, but in fairness being left hand drive and a vehicle that seemed like 10 times ...
... cleanest we have seen and the area does not look very prosperous. Birmingham has a high proportion of Muslim immigrants with about 21% of the population identifying as Muslim and the high number of women wearing the niqab was something different to what we are used to seeing in our travels throughout Europe so far.
Tonight we dropped into the local Indian Restaurant in Tenbury Wells and enjoyed a wonderful meal that capped off a fun ...
... which was nothing less than the National Indoor Arena, one of the busiest , large scale indor sporting and entertainment venues in Europe, opened in the 1991 and now closed for refurbishment. The works should be finished in the winter 2014.
Certainly is not Venice; it doesn't make you "sospirare" but it can give you tranquillity and desir to know much more about what is around you.
Other places to stay in Birmingham
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $74
- Ok.... At The Right Price....
- Food OK --- otherwise poor value
- Not bad
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $85
- What a view!
- Not That Good !!!
- Depends what you are there for
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Adequate, but tired decor and noisy
- Usual great service at the crowne plaza......
- Shabby and tired
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- London, Dublin, ... Birmingham!
- Classy hotel.
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Big hotel brand, big disappointment
- The good, the bad, and the ugly
Nechells, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Okay hotel, Awful area
- Cheap, but not really good value for money
- It's Chavtastic!
Pendigo Way, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great hotel!
- Great location, ridiculous prices! £16.00 for breakfast!
- Nice and comfortable
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $66
Coventry Road, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $69
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Doesn't justify its 4 stars
- Good value hotel
- Depends on the price!
Lozells and East Handsworth, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $86
- Great value for money!!!!!!!!
- Rooms spoiled an otherwise good hotel
- Very modern - a nice change!
Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Thumbs up for Mariott Forest of Arden !!
- Very relaxing and comfortable hotel
- Great for families
Bickenhill Parkway, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $79
Bournville, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $63
- Better off in a coffin
- Expected worse...
- Consenus opinion is: Awful Hotel
Chapel Lane, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $64
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- Booking a twin room
- Loved the hotel
Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $68
Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- A nice place to stay...if you avoid the staff!
- Good - if thats what you are after
- THe worst stay in my life
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Nice & pleasent
- Brill weekend
- Very Good
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Give it a miss
- Don't stay here!
- Mrs Sandhu owns the hotel
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $63
- Mediocre city hotel claiming four stars
- Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at....
- Really very bad, should be 1 star at best
Ladywood, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Good value
- Quiet and cool
- First choice budget hotel in Birmingham City Centre
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Nechells, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $118
243 Hagley Rd, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- OK - better than the Quality Hotel!
- Apollo Hotel Motel
- A blast from the past!