The Plough And Harrow Hotel
Travel Blogs from Birmingham
... Aston which is described in the guide as being 'overrun with new housing', in great contrast to Brewood (pronounced brood) which is full of character and lots of historic goodies. Brewood originated with the building of a Roman fort on Beacon Hill to defend Watling Street. As you pass over Stretton Aqueduct you have an excellent view of the A5 which was originally built by the Romans. I must admit to a sense of great superiority over the teeming motorists below.
Off we go into town with oz to make sure they got from moore street to new street. Two cathedrals, two towers, 275 in york....325 in durham Viking tour done, sherry in the room....johnnie walker for lunch. Up and out today.... Cotswolds, roman villas, tourists, chocolate box pictures. The wind is ...
... from going around one round-about a couple of times the journey is un-eventful. We had allowed 3 1/2 hours, expecting traffic issues but it only takes us about 2 1/4 hours and then we drop the cars off and are ferried to Terminal 4. A quick coffee and I look through the duty-free for some Glenfiddich Caoran but to my (and Bryony's) great disappointment I was told that it is no ...
... and Rugeley ground. Given that Stirling took us on a very circuitous route and it has taken us nearly 4 hours to arrive at the ground, there is much grumbling as the tourists alight from their vehicles.
It is also a soggy sight as we arrive at the ground and although the locals have covered the pitch and are out with two mini super-soppers it still looks unlikely that we will get any play, especially as the drizzling rain is continuing. But they ...
... be there but I think the speed was even quicker than I expected. I can see why everyone gets addicted when the quality and atmosphere is so entertaining. The most surprising thing was that the four or five thousand Liverpool fans were so loud and probably louder than the Villa fans. I couldn't imagine (but can't wait) to hear what Anfield Road would sound like. Overall the crowd was just over 42,000.
After the game while the ...
TripAdvisor Reviews The Plough And Harrow Hotel Birmingham
Other places to stay in Birmingham
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $74
- Ok.... At The Right Price....
- Food OK --- otherwise poor value
- Not bad
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $85
- What a view!
- Not That Good !!!
- Depends what you are there for
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Adequate, but tired decor and noisy
- Usual great service at the crowne plaza......
- Shabby and tired
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- London, Dublin, ... Birmingham!
- Classy hotel.
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Big hotel brand, big disappointment
- The good, the bad, and the ugly
Nechells, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- Okay hotel, Awful area
- Cheap, but not really good value for money
- It's Chavtastic!
Pendigo Way, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great hotel!
- Great location, ridiculous prices! £16.00 for breakfast!
- Nice and comfortable
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $66
Coventry Road, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $69
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Doesn't justify its 4 stars
- Good value hotel
- Depends on the price!
Lozells and East Handsworth, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $86
- Great value for money!!!!!!!!
- Rooms spoiled an otherwise good hotel
- Very modern - a nice change!
Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Thumbs up for Mariott Forest of Arden !!
- Very relaxing and comfortable hotel
- Great for families
Bickenhill Parkway, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $79
Bournville, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $63
- Better off in a coffin
- Expected worse...
- Consenus opinion is: Awful Hotel
Chapel Lane, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $64
Ladywood, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $104
- Booking a twin room
- Loved the hotel
Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $68
Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- A nice place to stay...if you avoid the staff!
- Good - if thats what you are after
- THe worst stay in my life
Ladywood, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $81
- Nice & pleasent
- Brill weekend
- Very Good
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $49
- Give it a miss
- Don't stay here!
- Mrs Sandhu owns the hotel
Edgbaston, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $63
- Mediocre city hotel claiming four stars
- Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at....
- Really very bad, should be 1 star at best
Ladywood, Birmingham | 2 star hotelfrom $81
- Good value
- Quiet and cool
- First choice budget hotel in Birmingham City Centre
Bournville, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Nechells, Birmingham | 4 star hotelfrom $118
243 Hagley Rd, Birmingham | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- OK - better than the Quality Hotel!
- Apollo Hotel Motel
- A blast from the past!