TripAdvisor Reviews Phillips Club New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... on the subway to our apartment, resting up before dinner with Jerry de Souza. Jerry runs the New York and London operations of Strip and Browhaus, and had booked a southern style restaurant in the lower east side, near where he lives and works. We took the green line south to Bleecker St station, and walked the last 10 minutes along East Houston St.
Katz Deli was on the corner, and Sweet Chick, our destination, was ...
... the day itself and also the aftermath with interviews from Bush, Rice, Giuliani and Blair amongst others. We then had a 30 minute talk by 2 survivors. One who survived but brother was on the 102<sup>nd</sup> floor and died and another that worked on site for the Salvation Army for 9 months after. A bit heavy for the kids but they were excellent and think they now understand how big an event it was. Even me and Sinead ...
... Central Park. Beautiful.
We walked down Broadway to Times Square. Up 8th, down 7th and up 5th Avenues.
We walked along 42nd street to Grand Central and the Chrysler Building.
We caught subways and hailed yellow cabs.
We walked in Little Italy, ate in Chinatown, and wandered in Greenwich Village.
We ate on the hoof, in cafes and in bars.If Megs eats another burger I think she may turn into one.
We drank coffee.
We walked in museums ...
... possibly the quote of the trip (after Claudia's clanger on arrival) Me - "Bella, how are you liking NYC?"…..Bella - "Where are all the shops ? This is not what I was expecting ! There aren't enough of them. I thought there would be shops on shops on shops". Hmmm, well Mummy wants to swear right now ! Bella Doyle, are we even in the same city ?!?
And with that line on repeat loop for some 8 days we ended up dedicating a whole day to ...
... trip around the statue was absolutely amazing. It got to 1 pm, and i headed off on the bus line to see the empire state building, another attraction im so excited to see. Arriving there was incredible, the building was amazing. I spent at least 2 hours there just looking at the history of the building and all the attractions within it. It was a fantastic day. ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
45 East 45th Street at Madison Avenue, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
234 West 48th Street, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $55
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Clinton, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Great stay
- Problems with Cleanliness of Rooms
- Nasty, not worth the $$$