London Outpost of Bovey Castle
Travel Blogs from London
Having packed and re-packed at least 3 times in the couple of days leading up to the departure date, my huge rucksack included everything you could possibly imagine, including essentials like clothes and books but also random items like solar powered battery chargers and 200 pencils! As I drove with my parent's, sister and boyfriend from Cardiff to …
... worked tirelessly throughout the war - often working from 8am to 3am. Apparently a rather grumpy boss, he was nevertheless admired by his staff, the nation and people around the world.
The museum definitely left me with a deeper understanding and appreciation of Winston Churchill.
Following my visit to the War Rooms I took a walk down the Thames en route to the Globe Theater. I ended up flitting down a random street for lunch which, it turns out, was ...
... what the outcome was....tickets were selling out fast, to the point where there were none left for any of the popular shows. We queued outside the theatre where Phantom of the Opera was, as people may sell their tickets here if they can no longer make it. We had no luck, so walked towards the centre of Leicester Square again. It was here we saw 2 men selling tickets for Book of Morman, the show which was in the top 10 and had received great reviews. We took a risk, not knowing ...
... for a couple hours. I get to the bathroom, and the toilet is squarish, looks kinda funny but it's cool, and flushing is operated by a tiny little black button in the wall. I like these better than those auto flush toilets back home, with whacked out sensors that are always flushing at the wrong time.
In the mall, Everything is pretty much like you'd expect at any airport, though none of the restaurants look appetizing here at all. I ...
So on another bright, sunshiny day, we hopped a train to Windsor to see the primary residence of the current monarch. Granted, the original Round Tower is from the Norman Period, but most of the current buildings are Tudor or later. As we headed to the castle entrance, I noticed that the Royal Standard was flying from the top of the Round Tower. SHE was there! We had no glimpse of her,though and no invite to tea..lol! We did see ...
TripAdvisor Reviews London Outpost of Bovey Castle
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $307
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $158
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $163
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotel
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $393
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $275
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $232
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $201
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $184
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $355
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $295
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $215
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $324
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $209
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience