London Outpost of Bovey Castle
Travel Blogs from London
Having packed and re-packed at least 3 times in the couple of days leading up to the departure date, my huge rucksack included everything you could possibly imagine, including essentials like clothes and books but also random items like solar powered battery chargers and 200 pencils! As I drove with my parent's, sister and boyfriend from Cardiff to …
... Jess and I went to the Victoria and Albert Visual Arts Museum, and the British Museum. I went to the Imperial War Museum, and the Natural History by myself. It would take way too long to go into detail about all of them, so I am just going to talk about my favourite. The Natural History Museum!! So cool! I came in a side door, and in front of me was an escalator that went up into the Earth! It took me into the red zone of the museum explaining about eathquakes, volcanoes, and ...
... fish” was actually battered and deep-fried halloumi cheese. How could we resist? Well, we couldn’t. It was really delicious. And as is usually the case in the UK, the chips (aka French fries) actually tasted like real potatoes—earthy and sweet. What a fine meal to be washed down by the cask ale!
After the lovely detour to the White Swan we took the tube to Brixton and switched to the rail platform. ...
... thought Fundon was another oddly named suburb and asked if I should stay nearby. “OH MY GOD RACHEL” said Bazz. Ha, idiot.
We meet Jules at the Tower for obligatory sunset photos and this time persevered with the line and made it into the Austria House. They had beer and schnitzel and strudel, lederhosen clad musicians playing om-pa tunes and wearing feathered hats, a yodelling booth AND a pile of ...
... s flatmate, hoping to get some Olympics atmosphere. Unfortunately, the game wasn’t too exciting and was over in 3 sets!
We then headed down to Tower Bridge to get some photos with the Olympic rings and go for a walk along the south bank. The bridge really is amazing and we were really lucky to see them raise it to let a boat go by. Aksinia said that doesn’t happen very often so we were happy to have seen it. We wandered along a bit further and then ...
TripAdvisor Reviews London Outpost of Bovey Castle
Other places to stay in London
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $133
- Well worth the stay
- Different Hotel?
- Perfect location
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotel
- Potential at Park Plaza County Hall
- Poor value
- Great Anniversary Stay
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Great hotel! We'll definitely go again
- Exceeded my already high expectations
- Beautiful hotel with lots of problems
Fulham, London | 3 star hotelfrom $190
Clerkenwell, London | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Great place
- Comfortable Clean and Friendly (and that's only the reviewer)
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotel
- A magical experience
- Close to perfection.
- Thanks debbie for showing us the real london
London East, London | 4 star hotelfrom $118
- One Star Service, Four Star Price
- Absolutely Brilliant
- Fab Hotel in a Fab location!
West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $339
- Overrated and Expensive
- Simply fantastic
- Errrrr... 5*s? I think not.
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $284
- Loved the Millenium Mayfair Hotel
- Great Location...Fine Hotel!
- Very nice hotel
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $247
- Unreliability - unlike British
- Warning: This hotel may be harmful to your vacation!
- Fantastic location and bath
Islington/Angel/King's Cross, London | 5 star hotelfrom $233
- Good, but not a place for an early night!
- Sleepless nights, noisy plumbing
- Great hotel - but I wasn't paying
Earls Court, London | 4 star hotelfrom $69
- I was pleasantly surprised
- Decent hotel, Copthorne Tara Kensington
- Priceline deal
South Bank/Bankside, London | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Excellent Stay
- Very good hotel
- Nice, modern hotel
Vincent Square, London | 4 star hotelfrom $178
- Clean, fresh and modern
- Enjoy your stay in London!
- Excellent Facilities, Staff Seem Eager to Please
Knightsbridge/Earl's Court/Kensington, London | 4 star hotel$361 average
- Recommend highly...
- Great Hotel - In an Excellent area.
- Great room, fabulous price, wonderful location!
Victoria, London | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Beware of "standard room"
- Great location, friendly staff.
Holborn, London | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- A perfect stay at a great rate
- Fantastic and Five-Star Fabulousness
- Classy hotel at a good price
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $184
- Lovely honeymoon
- Surprisingly good hotel
- Awful, Awful, Awful
Clerkenwell, London | 2 star hotelfrom $82
- Clean and friendly
- Good value for money hotel - but poor food
- Not Bad At All
Marylebone High Street, London | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Best hotel of my business trip
- Good Hotel!
- Really good hotel, but could be pricey
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Ignore the other quite ridiculous reviews !
- This is not a 4 star hotel
- Very Impressed
Hyde Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $275
- Wonderful Views
- 5 STAR HOTEL
- Tiny room
Northwest/Regent Park, London | 4 star hotelfrom $217
- Our Best Stay in Europe
- Okay as expected
- Very impressed
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 4 star hotelfrom $210
- Was better than I expected.
- Style and Luxury ! The best room I ever had in my life !
- Don't judge a Hotel by its exterior!
Mayfair/Soho/West End, London | 5 star hotelfrom $339
- Rude, prejudice and unhelpful.
- Nice rooms, decent price, polite staff
- Quite pleased
Westminster/Belgravia, London | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Pleasent stay
- Very pleased!
- Great Experience